Looking At Trailers

tyler524

I have been looking at enclosed trailers to haul my bike to the track for next year. I am torn with the sizes that I am looking at. I am thinking I would like somewhere around a 20ft and then I would have plenty of room to throw a futon in there and what ever else I may need to keep me from staying in a tent. I am also thinking that if I am going to spend the money on a trailer, it would be nice if I had the future option to haul a car inside. At the same time, I am thinking that I could probably get away with a 7x16 v nose and save a little bit of money but I am not too sure of what I am going to do. I know I don't really want to go any bigger than a 8.5x24 and I would like a V-nose. What do some of you recommend with your experience?

Here are a couple that I have been looking at:

http://sdgsales.com/8.5X24vnose5200special.htm

8.5x281.jpg

http://www.trailershopper.com/page-19269.html

19269.jpg

http://www.trailershopper.com/page-19106.html

19106.jpg

Or could always just go with Hookers and Blow

attachment.php?attachmentid=231422&stc=1&d=1274742539

Edited by tyler524
Hookers and Blow

having the option to trailer a car in the future is nice but in my opinion if you're gonna be using it primarily for the bike I'd go with the 16' V nose

This. I think you will find staying in a trailer more than 2 nights would suck. But maybe you like to rough it more than I do lol. I'll stay in my 6x12 V nose 2 nights, but no more. Definitely, look on Craigs dude, I got a hella deal on mine on there :)

Actually, I'd wait about 1 more month and then look on Craigs, after Christmas everything drops price for people who spent too much.

OR if you are really interested in a 6x12 single axle Vnose, PM me, always looking to upgrade to the toy hauler I've wanted....

This. I think you will find staying in a trailer more than 2 nights would suck. But maybe you like to rough it more than I do lol. I'll stay in my 6x12 V nose 2 nights, but no more. Definitely, look on Craigs dude, I got a hella deal on mine on there :)

Actually, I'd wait about 1 more month and then look on Craigs, after Christmas everything drops price for people who spent too much.

OR if you are really interested in a 6x12 single axle Vnose, PM me, always looking to upgrade to the toy hauler I've wanted....

I could rough it for a little longer than 2 nights if need be. I think the a 16ft is really a good option. I still like the idea of getting a 20-24 and putting a partition wall and build a little living quarters in the front of it

I could rough it for a little longer than 2 nights if need be. I think the a 16ft is really a good option. I still like the idea of getting a 20-24 and putting a partition wall and build a little living quarters in the front of it

then why not just look at toy haulers if you want a separated section

then why not just look at toy haulers if you want a separated section

$$$

I could spend $5k on a 20-24ft trailer and spend the money over time to finish it off. I haven't looked at toy haulers too much but the cheapest I ran across was like $16k

Nah dude, if you are spending 5K, you might as well get a TH, trust me, I looked at enclosed for 2 yrs before buying one, and now plan to get a TH. Look in NC, KY, TN, etc. I've found tons for about 7, and you will easily spend 2K to make it anything close to livable.

Roughing it is 1 thing, but if you are spending 5K, you can spend 1-2K more and get a small TH easily. Used of course...

Nah dude, if you are spending 5K, you might as well get a TH, trust me, I looked at enclosed for 2 yrs before buying one, and now plan to get a TH. Look in NC, KY, TN, etc. I've found tons for about 7, and you will easily spend 2K to make it anything close to livable.

Roughing it is 1 thing, but if you are spending 5K, you can spend 1-2K more and get a small TH easily. Used of course...

:stupid:

20' with an F150 is going to be somewhat tough on her if you do living quarters and enough bikes to fill it. Not impossible, but not ideal.

I have a 17' trailer and love it. I could have set it up to have living quarters, but went with benches and cabinets and feel that was a better path for me. I do hotels when overnight...

check out down to earth trailers

they are down in georgia, but have som great trailers at very

reasonable prices. they even sell them on ebay. I got a 6 x 12 v-nose that I haul with a chevy blazer. wish I had gotten the 7 x14 to 16 one now. I can get three bikes in mine, but would have liked to do 4-5. I think I payed about 4800 for my 2009 brand new. It has a finished floor & walls with three chalks and 6 floor tiedown rings. Plus it has z track on both sides.

scan0139.jpg

MVC-302L.jpg

scan0143.jpg

scan0140.jpg

scan0141.jpg

scan0142.jpg

check out down to earth trailers

they are down in georgia, but have som great trailers at very

reasonable prices. they even sell them on ebay. I got a 6 x 12 v-nose that I haul with a chevy blazer. wish I had gotten the 7 x14 to 16 one now. I can get three bikes in mine, but would have liked to do 4-5. I think I payed about 4800 for my 2009 brand new. It has a finished floor & walls with three chalks and 6 floor tiedown rings. Plus it has z track on both sides.

It seems Georgia is the trailer capital.

20' with an F150 is going to be somewhat tough on her if you do living quarters and enough bikes to fill it. Not impossible, but not ideal

The new F150s pull a lot better than the older ones. the new ecoboost motor has the HP and torque to pull a larger trailer with no problem.

Understood. I see the torque and HP are the same as the older diesel engines and you are right. I guess I don't pay much attention to gas motors... Pretty impressed.

You might want to check out Hill Equipment Trailer Sales in Marengo, OH. Just north of Delware off I71.

I was looking at trailers in GA and by the time I spent the money on fuel and the long day of travel, I think Hill was a couple of hundred or the same price once I factored in fuel cost and blowing an entire day (not just an afternoon)... I ended up getting a bigger trailer than I was planning and actually only spent $200 more than the original smaller trailer from GA...

Weigh it out and also consider that when you get back, you'll have put on 2,000 miles possibly depending where you go and that's about time for an oil change...

Some decent used ones available on CL. Not sayin' these are GREAT deals, but you can always make a low-ball offer at this time of year. If ya piss 'em off and they say "No!" yer not any further behind....

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcd/2653270805.html

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/2706246988.html

if you're gonna haul cars and things for sure, save up for the toy hauler. meanwhile, make friends with people nearby that go to the same track days you do. then once you buy the toy hauler, reward their friendship by letting them carpool with you. then, ditch them for a girl. massive drama and boobies always wins.

if you're gonna haul cars and things for sure, save up for the toy hauler. meanwhile, make friends with people nearby that go to the same track days you do. then once you buy the toy hauler, reward their friendship by letting them carpool with you. then, ditch them for a girl. massive drama and boobies always wins.

I'm all by my lonesome up here in the nw part of the state:cry: