Adobe help chat

buildit

I came away from this laughing, because it is so much like that peggy commercial that Verizon or sprint has. Totally useless people on help lines who really seem to have major issues with english, are reading right from a manual and do nothing but piss you off.

Thank you for choosing Adobe. A representative will be with you shortly. Your estimated wait time is 0 minute(s) and 21 second(s) or longer as there are 1 customer(s) in line ahead of you.

5 minutes later.....

We apologize for the wait due to high traffic to our website. All representatives are currently busy and it is taking longer to help customers currently in queue. Your estimated wait time is 0 minute(s) and 21 second(s) or longer as there are 1 customer(s) in line ahead of you. You might want to try us again later to avoid the longer wait. Thank you for your patience.

5 minutes later.....

We apologize for the wait due to high traffic to our website. All representatives are currently busy and it is taking longer to help customers currently in queue. Your estimated wait time is 0 minute(s) and 21 second(s) or longer as there are 1 customer(s) in line ahead of you. You might want to try us again later to avoid the longer wait. Thank you for your patience.

2 minutes later.....

You are now chatting with Neelu .:rolleyes:

Neelu : Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Neelu : Hi Advfilmer.

advfilmer: hello

Neelu : Please allow me a moment to review your request.

advfilmer: of course

Neelu : As I understand you are not able to login to your Adobe account. Am I correct?

advfilmer: not from my elements 10 program. I can log in online just fine.

Neelu : I will be glad to check and help you with this.

Neelu : Before I proceed may I have your full name and email ID please?

advfilmer: *************

advfilmer: ----------------------------

Neelu : Thank you for the information.

Neelu : May I have your full name and email ID please?

advfilmer: You have it.:wtf:

Neelu : Thank you for waiting. One moment please.

advfilmer: Full name is ************ and email is -------------------.com

Neelu : I am sorry for the typo, may I know the exact error message are you getting?

advfilmer: No error message, nothing happens. A process bar appears for a moment then it reverts to the sign in.

advfilmer: Like I said I can log in just fine online but the program does not allow me to log in.

Neelu : Please allow me a moment to search for the information.

advfilmer: Since all other aspects of the program seem to work fine for video development I am only concerned that this will keep me from getting updates or required additions to the program not included in the origional package.

Neelu : I'll be right with you.

advfilmer: please refer to previous conversation on this issue Your Adobe ID*****************Your Case Number:$^&^^#@@@%^

Neelu : Okay.

Neelu : May I have the serial number please?

advfilmer: Again? I went thru this last time?

Neelu : Just to confirm, is the serial number is 87w9r67qw6r9e87ryfiwerw798w?

advfilmer: let me go get it.....sigh :cool:

Neelu : Sorry for the wait. Please do stay online.

advfilmer: Yes, that is the correct number

Neelu : Okay.

Neelu : Advfilmer, it's look like technical issue, please contact our technical support team over phone to fix this issue. :wtf:

Neelu : I am providing you with the link to contact our technical support.

Neelu : Please click here.

Neelu : Is there anything else I can help you with?

advfilmer: obviously not :nono:

wow i had a similar experience with time warner yesterday. the person in the chat told me that the internet and cable came from two seperate outlets. i proceeded to tell him that i am currently splitting my coax outlet to run both my internet and cable but he didnt believe me. needless to say i ended the conversation and just called for a tech to come out. i dont understand how people that have no technical skills get these jobs. one of my good friends works as a comcast customer support person... he couldnt tell you the difference between a router and a modem before he started working there and his knowledge about the internet is still very limited. he tells me that 90% of the time they cant do anything for the customers and just try to get a tech out to the house.

Most of the time when I call technical support or customer service I tell them I did all the tier one troubleshooting and to just send me up the ladder to someone who actually knows something and doesn't just read off a cheat sheet.

I will now always answer the phone "Hello technical support". Should scare sales/ charity calls away really fast. :lol:

Called verizon one time because the SD slot in my phone quit working. I'm a DBA so I know computers.

1st tier support wouldn't pass me on without going through their checklist.

Verizon: "Hello this is Naveen. What can I help you with today?"

Me: "The SD card slot on my droid x is not working. Have done all the usual tier 1 troubleshooting. Can I have next tier support please?"

Verizon: "Have you tried turning the phone on and off?"

Me: "Yes. Can I have next tier support please?"

Verizon: "Have you tried taking the battery out for 60 seconds?"

Me: "Yes. Can I have next tier support please?"

Verizon: "Have you tried reprogramming the roaming profile?"

Me: "No, this is an SD card slot that is bad - it's all over the internet, it's a known problem. Can I have next tier support please?"

Verizon: "Please dial .... to update your roaming..."

Me: "Sigh." (updates roaming)

Verizon: "Did that fix your problem?"

Me: "No, and I'm not at all surprised. Can I have next tier support please?"

Verizon: "Have you tried a different SD card"

Me: "Yes. And I have tried this SD card in my computer and it works fine. Can I have next tier support please?"

Verizon: "I'm going to need to have you turn your phone off and on again."

Me: "That's a waste of time. Can I have next tier support please?"

Verizon: "Please, reboot the phone."

Me: "Sigh." (reboots)

"Did that fix the issue?"

Me: "NO. It won't It's a physical problem. Can I have next tier support please?"

Verizon: "I need you to take the battery out for 60 seconds."

Me: "Why? It's a physical problem. I've done that already, didn't help. Can I have next tier support please?"

Verizon: "Please take the battery out for 60 seconds"

Me: "Sigh" (takes battery out)

Verizon: "Did that fix your problem?"

Me: "Yes."

Verizon: "Really?"

Me: "NO. IT DIDN'T. IT WON'T. NEXT TIER SUPPORT PLEASE!!"

Verizon: "I am unable to help you, so I will transfer you to next tier support."

Me: "Hallelujah!"

Verizon: "Hello, this is John. What can I help you with."

Me: "My droid x SD card slot is dead. I tried rebooting the phone, taking the battery out and all the usual stuff. Tried re-seating the SD card, no help. Took the SD card out and it works fine in my computer. I tried another known good SD card in there and it didn't work."

Verizon: "We'll send you a new phone."