dot sights.

speedytriple

There are better prices out there than direct from Lucid btw. Built in the USA, uses a std AAA battery, integrated ambient light sensor or you can adjust the brightness of the reticle manually, 2 hour auto shut off, 4 reticle options which can be set on the fly, and a 2x magnifying lens that can be screwed on at will. These aren't junk, and are the most feature filled red-dot that money can by IMO.

I stopped in to Gander Mountain today just to look. bought some remington dry lube and some ccisubsonic 22 lr to try out. but they had fake stocks with scopes mounted on them so you could see what youre buying really nice selection too. id check it out. cant hurt.

Better than Vortex.... http://mylucidgear.com/reddot.php

Click value is 1/2 MOA according to the page which is ridiculous. I'll bet if you do a box test with it, it doesn't track for shit. There's allot more then just looks and dot colors for a sight. If it doesnt track, Ill throw it against a wall. No Im not kidding.

So flat fish what your opinion of the vortex red dot sights you mentioned there scopes above but nothing about the dot sights? Thanks guys for the feedback.

To be 100% honest. I havent gotten to use them but I played with them at SHOT show last year and they were nice. I would have to rely on Beenstrings opinion as he has used them and is sponsored by Vortex Optics. My personal opinion is that reddots are nice but I prefer something which is more of a scope. The 1-4x are perfect because you get the same view as a reddot on 1X but can zoom the scope to 4x if you want/need it. The straight magnification reddots/eo-tech/ACOG have their place in a more for close quarters combat type situation or 3gun competition setting. If you want precision shooting, then I like the scopes. They are small scopes, not like your typical rifle scope.

Let me find a pic or2.

rifle-vi.jpg

HPRAMMO.jpg

DSC_5703.JPG

IMG_5870.jpg

DSC00555.jpg

Edited by flounder

The better question is what sort of accuracy are you looking for at 100/200 yards? Target/plinking or CQB? The strikefire (and various other reddots) is a 4MOA dot. So it covers a 4" circle at 100 and an 8" circle at 200 yards. Eotechs are 1moa dots in a 65 moa circle, so they cover 1" at 100 and 2" at 200. Still very quick in the sub 25y cqb type shooting, but a little easier to get better accuracy out of. I have an eotech on my m4, and even then, I hate doing any sort of precision stuff with it because I get slight haloing with red dots.

My next 16" AR will probably have a 1-4x ffp scope with target turrets so I can dial or hold for specific distances.