My Time at Walmart: Why We Need Serious Welfare Reform

Casper

Good link Ben - very true - I worked at Meijer on Sawmill during college and saw a lot of this. I absolutely believe that there should be a temporary system to help folks get back on their feet. But that's not what the system is. It just makes me kind of sick, especially being someone who struggled a bit earlier in life and yet was never in a position to use these programs. It kind of pisses you off when you work a job and watch people who don't live a better life than you do. Not right.

I was reading the comments and would like to remind Charlie that it's "Attorneys General"' date=' not "Attorney Generals".

Now, I wait for JRMMiii to dispel the myth of welfare queens. #batedbreath[/quote']

(Attornies General not Attorneys General) :p

America: Where the "poor" have flat screen TV's, cell phones, hot water, and cable. And think they deserve it.

I worked at a Kroger for three days while in college. Walked out because I got pissed off about bagging steaks and King Don's for people paying with food stamps while I ate Ramen noodles and bought my bread at the bakery clearance outlet.

Yeah, still a little bitter about that.

Good link Ben - very true - I worked at Meijer on Sawmill during college and saw a lot of this. I absolutely believe that there should be a temporary system to help folks get back on their feet. But that's not what the system is. It just makes me kind of sick, especially being someone who struggled a bit earlier in life and yet was never in a position to use these programs. It kind of pisses you off when you work a job and watch people who don't live a better life than you do. Not right.

i agree...just did a job for a person who was driving a brand new car, nicer than anything i could afford, and the city of columbus was paying to have over 5k worth of work done for them because they "couldnt afford" it...busted my ass on that job and the total amount i made that week would maybe cover one payment on that car

Nope, Attorneys General.

nvm, guess you were makin' a funny...

You're right! (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/attorneys) I was just being a dick. FUCK YOU ENGLISH! What good are rules if you don't follow them? I'm going to start speaking Spanish... we'll all need to by 2020 anyways. (fanning the fire on this thread with that last comment :D)

You're right! (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/attorneys) I was just being a dick. FUCK YOU ENGLISH! What good are rules if you don't follow them? I'm going to start speaking Spanish... we'll all need to by 2020 anyways. (fanning the fire on this thread with that last comment :D)

aiL25.gif

I love how the girl took the time to really do a deep dive into her work, getting to know all these fraudsters on a personal level to know that they're gaming the system and it's rampant everywhere.

It's obvious that everyone that shops at Walmart is likely to be a welfare fraudster. I mean, as a cashier she may come in contact with maybe 200-300 people a day, and the vast majority are obviously scamming the system on our dime.

And, what about Walmart? I mean, just cashing in all that gov't money and looking the other way as these people defraud the system. I'm sure the executives are rolling their eyes at these scam artists all the way to the bank.

America: Where the "poor" have flat screen TV's, cell phones, hot water, and cable. And think they deserve it.

I worked at a Kroger for three days while in college. Walked out because I got pissed off about bagging steaks and King Don's for people paying with food stamps while I ate Ramen noodles and bought my bread at the bakery clearance outlet.

Yeah, still a little bitter about that.

This really hits home......really hate/despise people. Euthanize the useless fuks

Sure glad I don't shop at Waly world.

I generally avoid that place like the plague, simply because the majority of the shoppers at the Walmart in Easton either destroy the place or have no idea how to properly and efficiently use the checkouts.

To stop the raging jealousy/penis-envy everyone has of the "poor" because they have so many things they didn't earn and ya'll don't have -- there is a way to fix it.

How about we get the gov't to make a list of things they can't have (flat screen TVs, iAnythings, a vehicle less than 3 years old), and then pay social workers to follow them around and make sure they don't get to have any of those things?

*If someone gifts them an iPad, they have to return it or cut off their gov't cheese.

*If they inherent a shiny new vehicle from a relative that passed, they have to sell it immediately or get cut off.

Now, granted, we'll have to increase your state/local taxes to cover the added bureaucracy to make sure these poor people aren't gaming the system, but you're good for that right? You're willing to pay MORE in order to ensure these people get LESS.

The only way to help the poor, is to keep them poor until they decide they don't want to be poor anymore, amirite?