Who is gonna pick up Danny Eslick?

bertman85

So i see that geico and RMR gave danny the boot. Word on the street he is moving to SBK. What team we thinkin? Tommy was getting the boot i believe also. so, rockstar makita? Privatere? Chillin on the bench with Jake Zemke?

Rockstar already filled hayden's spot with a rider that will pay suzuki to ride. Zemke is running BSB. I can't stand danny so don't really care where he ends up. :p

I heard he got crazy at a gieco party. So the lizard gave Him the boot. I like Danny but no way could he hang in wsbk. He is crazy enough to do British superbike. I would like to see him in that. Or even stay in AMA with a private team. Idk why no one wants him...

i think when OP said "sbk" he meants ama superbike, with hayes, herrin, young etc...

Rockstar already filled hayden's spot with a rider that will pay suzuki to ride. Zemke is running BSB. I can't stand danny so don't really care where he ends up. :p

Did Zemke get confirmed for 2012?

Edited by natedogg624

Yeah i meant ama superbike. Im not sure danny is ready for the world stage yet but i think he could compete in ama sbk. I dont think he could win on a small sponsor bike but could run top 6 or 7. Would be fun to see herrin and eslick duke it out on liter bikes.

Honestly in eslicks defense. Me and my wife stood and talked with him in the pits last year at mid ohio after a friday practice round. He was the a cool guy, really nice and didnt act like he was counting the seconds until he could leave. Pretty stand up guy in my opinion. Hayes is the same way. Herrin is a prick.

Honestly in eslicks defense. Me and my wife stood and talked with him in the pits last year at mid ohio after a friday practice round. He was the a cool guy, really nice and didnt act like he was counting the seconds until he could leave. Pretty stand up guy in my opinion. Hayes is the same way. Herrin is a prick.

Agreed, my buddy jay and I met danny 2 yrs ago @ indy for moto gp. Stand up guy, he was with his friends but took the time to stop and chit chat w/ us and take pictures w/ us

here's the deal, guys. these riders don't get their contracts renewed for many reasons, but the primary one is because they are asking for bigger salaries. if you feel you're good enough for more money, then you need to accept the fact that you need to go to a bigger show. also, if a team has a rider who is ready and willing to pay for the seat, then you can't fault the team!

here's the deal, guys. these riders don't get their contracts renewed for many reasons, but the primary one is because they are asking for bigger salaries. if you feel you're good enough for more money, then you need to accept the fact that you need to go to a bigger show. also, if a team has a rider who is ready and willing to pay for the seat, then you can't fault the team!

Uh, if Danny could keep his nose clean and stop partying, he'd be one of the top prospects and worth a lot of money to ride on certain teams.

Th epay to play shit is because the teams don't have the budgets anymore. Simple as that. Yosh isn't going to give up Blake and it was Blake or Tommy. Love Tommy and think he's one of the best, but the future is with Blake and not Tommy... Tommy's made enough money and has managed a few up and comers and is set if he doesn't get the seat he feels he deserves. And he deserves a great seat.

To get the boot over a paying rider is a slap in the face. However, a LOT of riders pay and most actually are paying to ride. You'd be amazed...

The end result is a grid that is going to be a grid of guys that pay to play and have deep pockets or rich moms and dads and a handful of fast guys that are going to still be at the front. As it stands, it will be the Blake, Hayes show with sprinkles of Herrin and others...

SBK here in the States is silly. The real racing is in the support classes...

I'll also add that I love Danny. He's an amazing rider, has stupid amounts of talent and has even bumped me before and even in doing that (Was my fault at the WERA National at Barber), he came up, apologized and was super cool. I know the guy that crewed for him, but in the end, he's a fun kid. Amazing to watch and I can promise, if he got a ride in SBK, he'd be a contender or have a lot of eyes watching him as he can twist a grip.

But, he needs to stop the partying. It's why he missed Mid-O qualifying. He also got in deep in Vegas and overall, it is his MO. That needs to change...

Eslick is the most exciting guy in the AMA. The financial side of AMA racing is a sad state of affairs. Not surprised if he has to pay to play. Was wondering if Tommy's decisions at the final round were influenced by the fact that Yosh sold his ride.

AMA is a mess. I think they lost alot of fans when they went to the rolling starts. They need a big company to hold the series. Ie Winston cup/ Nextel etc. Doesn't what's his name own his own team( I can't believe I'm drawing a blank. He used to ride a duc now rides BMW. Had a tv show. Shit man)

Does Danny have that type of money to own his own team? I heard graves Yamaha was dropping a minimum of 25k a weekend to race. Insane.

No matter where Danny ends up riding, he'll be exciting to watch. That's good for everyone.

I'm a bit surprised RMR dropped him after a championship season, but it's business. I've heard all the rumors everyone else has, but I would guess it just comes down to Danny wanting a shot at Superbike, and RMR preferring that he stick to winning Sportbike championships.

And yes, Chris Clark(?) got Tommy Hayden's ride. Clark brought sponsors to the table. Again, this is a business. Results get you a lot of support, but sponsorship money is an UP-FRONT result. Blake young has a ton of potential to win a championship, but potential is only a word. Money talks.