Multi channel streaming options

natedogg624

Now that I have a home theatre setup, i've found that my streaming options are currently downgrading the audio from any mutichannel file to a 2 channel output which just means I have some pretty speakers mounted on a wall not doing any good.

My current setup is a base pc where all my movies are stored using "Stream to Me" server controlled by an iOS (iphone or ipad) device to my factory firmware (no jb) Apple TV 2.

I also have a PS3 with a media server but have not used that before and after some minimal research believe I'll run into the same problem.

I've jailbroke my Atv2 before to use XBMC, will this work does anyone know or are there other options available with the equipment I have.

Sounds like you have everything explained except for how the speakers are hooked up. What device are they going to? If they are directly connected into any of the other devices you mentioned up there, you might consider getting a receiver that has the capability of turning 2-channel into 4 channel audio and using that to drive the speakers. My receiver is 5 years old and can do this, you won't have any problems finding one.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Pioneer+Receivers/VSX-1021-K

It probably can, I'm pretty sure this thing can fly - I just haven't figured it out yet. The instruction manual is bigger than most college text books (save for science majors)

you may have to do it to an "all-channel" setting or something of the sort. Some of the onkyos when using an Ipod dock had the same issue. CAll pioneer support, they may have a quick answer. I would say I can come over....but well....you decided to leave us for the job of a lifetime.