Stirring the pot..

speedytriple

Come on Kawi you know you have a target from your lcp that has one raged hole.

And the rest missed the paper lol.

My Facebook has plenty of targets I have shot, check them out if you want. If you can't see them ill just send you a few.

If the shtf and there was a gun store that had been entirely looted except for a $1000 Kimber and a $500 Glock/M&P/XD along with one box of cheap .45 ammo, which would you grab to start shooting zombies? Personally, I'd prefer not to go through a "break-in" period. "Break-in period" is a term used by guys who just paid way too much for an unreliable firearm. Just my humble opinion. I'll have another 1911 some day, but won't stake my life on it.

My Springfield EMP and Range officer 1911's have been accurate and reliable right out of the box, just like the three different XD's I've owned. The taurus PT1911 I had wasn't as accurate out of the box. I think Kimber's are way over priced and rated, although I have not shot one.

The scenario you list though I would choose the XD 1st primarily due to capacity.

Ok, so I shot these two a few years back. Ruger MkII 6 inch target model at 10 yards. I was doing ammo testing so I was after groups and not center hits yet. The Eley target grouped into 1/2 inch for 4 shots, the 5th opened it up to an inch.

eley1.jpg

Next one is my best with the RWS ammo. Same deal with 4 into about an inch and the 5th opening to 1.5 inches.

rws.jpg

Man I wish I still had the time for competitive shooting. :cry: