Generator size

grapesmuggler27

One set of warmers will be about 1k-1200 watts, figure a fan will be 100 or so. I would go with a 1500 to be safe, but my recommendation would be a 2k-2.5k watt if you can. Its nice to have the extra power for things in the future or another person's warmers if you can share. (Its always appreciated by others!)

Buy the largest generator you can afford. Trust me! You'll end up using it more in the future for other things as well. I actually wired my house so I could use mine in the event of a power outage and I have used it a few times.

I have a 5500/6250 and wish I had bigger. Its not quiet but it runs almost everything I need.

Keep in mind you have to be running at a pace to where you can generate enough heat in the tire while out on the track to keep them at their capacity. Don't take offense to this, but at your current pace, I would save the money that you would spend on a generator and tire warmers. Take that money and spend on more track days, and stop using race tires. A dual compound, such as a 2CT is more than fine for you. Hell I know craig and others that have ran pilot powers for a season, and been just fine. Ultimately, it is your money, however I think you would benefit more from the suggest path vs. buying warmers and generator at your current position.

Buy the largest generator you can afford. Trust me! You'll end up using it more in the future for other things as well. I actually wired my house so I could use mine in the event of a power outage and I have used it a few times.

I have a 5500/6250 and wish I had bigger. Its not quiet but it runs almost everything I need.

This... go big or go home

I hate dunlops almost as much as I hate you. :p

What does Wrobel, Neyranuts and myself run? Hmmmmmm.... Don't hate the player, hate the game...

:D

I'm with the other blokes in that race tires are not a needed item. HOWEVER, the idea is that you WILL get faster and I personally think that if you are running at Nick and Craig's pace, race tires are a good idea. Look at it this way... Race tires will allow you to do things a little more with less fuss from the tires. Will dual compounds work fine? SURE! Hell, Edwards ran a MotoGP bike with them and ran some seriously stupid times.

That wasn't at race distance, however...

Anyways, to each their own, but I agree with the two dudes.

So buy dunlop non racer tires....gotcha. and how did I know some how this thread was Goo.g to get all gayed up, and this time it wasn't me and john. Homos

Actually, we use the Dunlop Q2s on the RC8s for the Race Orange Program and I am here to tell you that the tire is freakin amazing. It is a dual compound and the handling is great. The front is great and provides a ton of feel and even though you can tuck it on occasion, it holds up amazingly well.

I think I can run damn near the same pace on the Q2 as the Dunlop Spec tire. A little slower, but not by much...

And, if you do a lot of Mid-Ohio, I can say with confidence, that it is a great tire for that track. Nelson should be similar as there is great grip at Nelson and the tire should maintain well...

Of course, the Michelins are really good also. But, I have thousands of laps on Dunlop Q2s and feel they are really good.

Actually, we use the Dunlop Q2s on the RC8s for the Race Orange Program and I am here to tell you that the tire is freakin amazing. It is a dual compound and the handling is great. The front is great and provides a ton of feel and even though you can tuck it on occasion, it holds up amazingly well.

I think I can run damn near the same pace on the Q2 as the Dunlop Spec tire. A little slower, but not by much...

And, if you do a lot of Mid-Ohio, I can say with confidence, that it is a great tire for that track. Nelson should be similar as there is great grip at Nelson and the tire should maintain well...

Of course, the Michelins are really good also. But, I have thousands of laps on Dunlop Q2s and feel they are really good.

When we do your lift kit I gotta talk to you about tires too buddy. I am going to be changing to race tires shortly, probably before 1st rd of MotoS. and need to get a good hook up. I know Dub loves his Dunlops, I've only run Mich....

I just felt race tires always gave me that extra mental confidence. Plus there's hope I may break 1.29 at nelson this year :)

Well, that is something to consider. The idea is that if you are running 29s at Nelson, I tend to agree with Craig and Nick. It's not a slam by any means as we all start at some point and work our way up. Unless you are a superstar like Jake Lewis, etc...

If a certain item gives you confidence, RUN THAT ITEM! If it is a barrier that can be eliminated, run that item.

My feelings are somewhat 50/50 on that idea as I think with good instruction, you can learn more from a tire that will reach limits to learn from. If you understand the difference in a tire spinning vs squirming under load (A lot of guys think they are spinning the rear and they are not), you can then learn more and more and progress. If the race tire you are running doesnt do that, when it does after getting faster, it is an "Oh shit!" moment.

However, the other side to that is that the race tires are going to take longer to come in and you SHOULD have those situations to a degree at the start of the sessions.

It's either way, but my feelings are that hurdles are usually mental and if that can be reduced, I am all for whatever makes a rider comfortable as it typically allows a better stage to learn...