Generator size

grapesmuggler27

I agree with all that's been said regarding whether or not the generator/warmers are needed or not. Ultimately if the OP decides he wants to buy them I would repeat the recommendation that he get at least a 2K Watt generator.

And as was previously stated, based on the laptimes of 1:30+ I would agree that genny/warmers/race tires probably isn't where you stand to get the biggest bang for your buck in regards to making improvements. But... I would certainly keep in mind that by the time June/July roll around that you might want to consider at least a rear DOT race tire, even if your laptimes haven't improved much. The dual compound street tires are great but on a 140 deg track they might start to get a little slick.

ACtually good pt. Joe I will have mine at all the events I go to this season too, so u can just plug in. It'll power anything and everything we toss on, except for the giant... well never mind.

We all know we have to hook up the giant you know what to a truck battery!!! The 2000 watt generator is $488 brand.new good price?

Ok I'm looking at some tire warmers and a genny, what size generators would work looking at just running tire warmers and a small fan. My work sells generators and I get them at cost. They are honeywell.

I can say out of experiance of having a 5500 watt Generac and a little 2000 watt Honda generator. I take both of these with me when im racing(cars). The honda will run lights in trailer and also run battery charger to charge battery on racecar between races easily. The honda is a awesome generator and is very quite(used 95% of time). It sips gas and isnt annoying like alot of generators that sound like a lawn mower sitting there at full throttle driving you ape shit. It actually has a mode on it that only revs motor according to the electrical demand. even at wide open throttle you can have normal tone convesation with it sitting right beside you. Just my 2 cents.