Gun price?

20thGix

So i've check gunbroker, armslist and some other places trying to get an idea how much to offer a guy for his rifle. What he has is a Ruger M77 Mark II Target in .300 win. mag. What i have found is the used prices vary alot. Originally i was wanting to make a polished turd out of a Mosin Nagant on a budget. Having $350 max in the Mosin. But since this deal has come up i would be better off just coughing up alittle more cash and have alot more rifle. He is asking $500 for it. Comes with 40 rds. and a nothing special scope. So what would be a far price and a hellava deal price. Also assuming the condition is like new. Weather permitting im going to go shoot it this weekend sometime.

What model is it? I am not seeing a .300 win mag in that rifle listed on rugers web site?

http://www.ruger.com/products/m77MarkIITarget/models.html Figure around $50 for the ammo depends on what kind it is. I would say $500 is a fair price for both of you.

I noticed that also. I will go see/shoot it this weekend personally. Its a buddy of mine that has it so its not like im going to meet some stranger. I wont feel so bad if i have to bust his balls about it.:D When it comes to stuff i dont need or im not specifically looking for it hs to be a deal i cant pass up for me to buy it.

So what are some of your thoughs on my original idea with the Mosin?

-ATI scope mount kit

-Barska 6.5-24x50mm scope

-ATI Monte Carlo stock or if the budget allows thumb hole wooden ones. (cant remember the brand off hand)

-Some sort of muzzle brake

Assuming i can pick up a good shooting mosin off the rack.