35 Motorsports ZX10 build...

Moto-Brian

So, been reading a few build threads and thought to post a thread in regards to a race build by 35 Motorsports.

As most you know, Reuben (owner) is the only guy I allow to touch when it comes to my race bikes. He has a pretty solid following and always shares builds with me. This one was pretty freakin amazing on a few accounts...

This is a 2011 ZX10 AMA race bike. The rider is a good friend on mine and will be racing this in AMA Superbike hopefully this year if he gets the points needed, but is currently and AMA Supersport racer. He wanted a Superstock build versus a Superbike build simply due to dependability and the fact that he will run as many big bore classes in an effort to gain as many points as he can. So, Superbike build limits his class choices...

Anyways, Reuben did the Superstock build and the results were this:

photo.jpg

Yes, that is 196.79 HP at the WHEEL with 84.19 ft lbs of torque. This thing was already fast. It really was. He'd punch out of corners in comparison to my Zook, but I would grab ahold soon after the exit and drive him and excel on top. Now, he's going to have more!!! Crazy...

Anyways, this is simply an example of how a very small amount of money can result in a HUGE difference. These builds are usually a deal where the entire top end needs replaced and if anything like the tranny, etc show signs of wear, they are replaced. My GSXR had all new parts put in and this bike had almost the same exact thing done.

I know a lot of you do track days or are beginning racers and Supersport or Superstock builds are not really the best choice when thinking of what you can do to improve when comparing against things like suspension, etc. BUT, let me just say this... We are a country that enough is never enough, right? If you want to unlock what your bike can do, you need to call Reuben.

One thing to also consider is that these types of builds are somewhat extreme. There are options that Reuben can offer that will free up many things on your bike. Some guys don't think about it, but if you can free up any resistance in your machine - same HP or maybe not a huge gain, but the efficiency of using that power to propel your bike can equal a seat of the pants increase in power, but a realistic advantage that will allow that bike to run faster laps and excellerate faster and spin up faster.

Anyways, cool build, amazing results and a shout out to a great dude.