I took the plunge

tyler524

Just saying your best bet to get close to what you want is to sell to someone walking the show. Stay away from the tables lowball offers. What day you going to the show I might be up there.

Good point, Ill be up there Saturday. May just put a sign on the case of the Bersa saying for sale and walk around lol. Can you do that?

Yes you can put signs on your box and walk to sell it just can't stand out side the building and do that. It has to be inside the building. I have done this before. Just make sure to check ID for 21+ and ohio resident, also ask if they are able to buy the gun(no felons) other then that your good to go.

Yes you can put signs on your box and walk to sell it just can't stand out side the building and do that. It has to be inside the building. I have done this before. Just make sure to check ID for 21+ and ohio resident, also ask if they are able to buy the gun(no felons) other then that your good to go.

If the other party doesn't have a CHL I prefer to do a bill of sale, not required just personal preference

Edited by crb

If the other party doesn't have a CHL I prefer to do a bill of sale, not required just personal preference

I would do a bill of sale even if they did have a chl, cant be too careful especially since the gun is originally registered to me.

What show is this weekend?

http://www.ohiogunshows.com/dates.html

Bought one for girlfriend for Christmas this past year, she loves. Good little gun minus the problems with the safety sticking/very hard to disengage. Going to have to figure out what's causing it. In the mean time I bought her another gun to get used to until we can make sure this gun for carry is safe for her.

I won't buy a gun with bill of sale. I don't require anything but a glance at an id to verify age and state. Recently told a guy to get lost when he "required" a copy of my license. I find it hypocritical to fight for 2A rights and then turn around and violate them. Until there is a law prohibiting private sales, I will do nothing more than current law requires. Plus, most of my shit was lost in a fire on Blosser's boat.

Bought one for girlfriend for Christmas this past year, she loves. Good little gun minus the problems with the safety sticking/very hard to disengage. Going to have to figure out what's causing it. In the mean time I bought her another gun to get used to until we can make sure this gun for carry is safe for her.

Take the slide off and oil it on both the inside and out side of the safety. Work the safety about 20 times or so and repeat. Do this about 3 or 4 times and it will loosen up. Mine was the same way when I first got it.

They are to the original owner are they not? After that they do not need to be registered but the first time sale they are I thought.

No they are not registered. The only registry is at gun dealer where you filled out the NICS paperwork. The BATFE doesn't know what make, model, serial number you bought. I am not sure how long the dealers are required to keep the nics form. All the BATFE knows is "X" number of long gun and handgun checks have been run on me. For that matter just because you go through the NICS check doesn't mean you bought a firearm.

from atf site

Q: What are the record keeping requirements for FFL’s? Licensees must maintain records of all firearms receipts and dispositions, including the name, age, and place of residence of purchasers. 18 USC 922(b)(5) and 923(g)(1)(A). Licensed importers and manufacturers are required to identify firearms they import or manufacture by means of a serial number, which must be recorded in licensee records. 18 USC 923(i). Licensees are required to respond immediately to ATF firearms trace requests. 18 USC 923(g)(6). Reports of multiple sales of two or more handguns sold at one time or during any five consecutive business days are also required to be submitted to ATF. 18 USC 923(g)(3). Licensees who discontinue business must deliver their records to ATF. 18 USC 923(g)(4).

These requirements enable ATF to carry out one of the principal purposes of the GCA—to assist State, local, and foreign law enforcement officials in tracing firearms used in crime.

The United States government does not maintain records of licensees’ firearms transactions, other than the previously mentioned out-of-business records, reports of multiple handgun sales, and records of firearms traces. The assimilation of the information from these records provides valuable leads in the identification of illegal gun traffickers and their sources of firearms in the United States.

Regulations at 22 CFR 122.5 require that records of all transactions authorized by export, temporary import, and temporary export licenses must be maintained by the applicant for a period of 5 years. The records must be made available to United States Customs officers upon demand. These transactions are also computerized at the Department of State and Customs ports.