Chicken Pox as an adult?

Ziggy

Doc confirmed CP, said this is the first case he's seen in a number of years. Prescribed Acyclovir and a "magic mouthwash" concoction to numb the inside of her mouth and provide some relief for her tongue and mouth. Contagious for 7-10 days, or there about. Doc listened to her lungs and said there didn't seem to be any sign of pneumonia at all, so nothing really to worry about too much for now. It's just gonna suck for a while.

Good to hear it isn't too bad.

if you ever been infected with chicken pox the virus lives dormant in your nerves and years later it can get activated and coz reinfection just localized to the nerve area and cozing excruciating pain. So its just awakening a dormant virus and not fresh infection

Hey NinjaDoc, just out of curiosity, what should I be looking out for as far as changes for the worse go? She's obviously pretty miserable, and the spots are looking pretty bad. Nyquil seems to be the only thing that is allowing her ability to actually rest, but she's taking plenty of water, and has been able to eat applesauce and mashed potatoes. I also picked up a pack of nutrition supplement drinks this evening. I'm just worried that she could take a turn for the worse and I might not catch it in time, thinking it was just part of the virus running its course.