Stator plug stuck

2talltim

It's valve adjustment time and i cant seem to brake loose the staor plug to get to the crank. Anyone have this happen before? Im giving it a ton of preassure just short of stripping the head out. I got PB blaster soaking on it now, and ill try a little heat too, but WTF?

Yeah that happens to allot of folks, I have been lucky I reckon. PB Blaster and heat are usually your best friends in that situation. What bike you checking valves on?

My 97 TL1000S...im guessing its never been off by the looks if everything, and its got almost 40K miles...i accually didnt get it done last night becasue i didnt have my feeler gage (i think i loaned it to someone) im going to finish her up tonight.I also am putthing on new spiegler brake lines, new clear billet cluch cover and peasure plate, plugs, re oil my K&N, repacked my yoshi's, and a all around instection and clean up.I also put reload adjuster knobs on but i think im taking them off, i dont like them

I think those knobs just give some stranger an easy way to mess with your bike

yea and they dont really fit mine very well either the set screw is only holding on by a thread, so i think ill just throw one in my tank bag and use it when needed