Good laugh for y'all

redbarron77

So I finally got the time to fix the back tire on the Shadow. Yes, I've had my bike on the lift for the past three and a-half months...the weather was crappy anyway, and my "Honey-Do" list was getting a bit crowded....ANYWAY...

Found a hole-in-the-wall bike shop (that was recommended by two separate local riders) dropped off the rear wheel at lunch, and the guy replaced the tube(he had them in-stock), balanced the tire, and had it back to me at 5, for only $38!!!

Got the bike back together on Saturday morning, with only one leftover washer!

Kinda feel like a real mechanic at this point!

Slapped my gear on, and headed down the road. It was a bit brisk, 50 degrees or so, so the tires may not have warmed up on the mile of dirt road....so when I hit the intersection where the pavement starts, I took that first corner nice and easy....down the 50 yards to the next intersection....took that one a bit more aggressive...and damn near low-sided it!

My first thought was, "Damn, if I lay it down after having not ridden it for so long, the wife is gonna be pissed!"

But, reflexes took over and no pavement kissing for me. But I did scrape the peg hard enough to gouge the road, and will probably need to replace it by the end of the season.

Now that the bike is fixed, the forecast is calling for rain....every day...after the driest season in recorded history....now it has decided to rain...:cry:

Oh well, at least the bike is ready for the next good day!