Help a Shooter Get Inducted Into the Olympic Hall of Fame!

walther_gsp

For those of you who don't know, I was pretty involved in Olympic style shooting at the collegiate level (ohio state pistol team). I've had friends on the US National Team, trained with Olympians, etc.... Needless to say, the folks on the US shooting teams are near and dear to my heart. A good friend of mine that I competed against in college sent me this and asked me to post this on the forums I frequent. A friend and mentor of his, Lones Wigger, is eligible for the Olympic Hall of Fame.

Lones has set numerous world records and has proudly represented the United States in multiple Olympic competitions as a rifle shooter. On top of that, he's a retired Army Lt. Col. who did two tours of duty in VietNam.

The Olympic committee has opened the selection process up to the public by allowing us to cast a vote in an online poll that is open until March 28. You can vote once a day, so please vote often!

Let's strike a blow for shooters everywhere by making sure that Lones Wigger is the inductee into this year's Olympic Hall of fame.

Please go to the following url and cast your vote for Lones:

- U.S. Olympic Hall Of Fame - » 2008 Nominees: Individuals

For those of you who don't know, I was pretty involved in Olympic style shooting at the collegiate level (ohio state pistol team). I've had friends on the US National Team, trained with Olympians, etc.... Needless to say, the folks on the US shooting teams are near and dear to my heart. A good friend of mine that I competed against in college sent me this and asked me to post this on the forums I frequent. A friend and mentor of his, Lones Wigger, is eligible for the Olympic Hall of Fame.

Lones has set numerous world records and has proudly represented the United States in multiple Olympic competitions as a rifle shooter. On top of that, he's a retired Army Lt. Col. who did two tours of duty in VietNam.

The Olympic committee has opened the selection process up to the public by allowing us to cast a vote in an online poll that is open until March 28. You can vote once a day, so please vote often!

Let's strike a blow for shooters everywhere by making sure that Lones Wigger is the inductee into this year's Olympic Hall of fame.

Please go to the following url and cast your vote for Lones:

- U.S. Olympic Hall Of Fame - » 2008 Nominees: Individuals

I will give my vote. Also if you're ever in columbus, let me know and we can hit the range. What type/caliber pistol do you shoot? Ive always wanted to shoot a competition grade pistol.

I will give my vote. Also if you're ever in columbus, let me know and we can hit the range. What type/caliber pistol do you shoot? Ive always wanted to shoot a competition grade pistol.

I don't do much in the way of bullseye these days, or competition at all. When I was shooting for OSU, I shot the 25m Standard Pistol event (ISSF aka world cup event, not an olympic event anymore) with a Walther GSP in .22lr with a 1000g trigger. I shot the 50m Free Pistol event with a Hammerli FP10 and ~50g trigger. I did the 10m air pistol event with a Morini for a while, then later a walther. I did best with the Morini, mostly because the grip fit my hand better. The electronic trigger was pretty nice. When I could get my hand positioned in the Walther grip correctly I was dead on, but I had consistency problems with it.

I'll let you know the next time I'm in town. I'm sure I can talk to my old coach and we can hit the OSU range. I can probably arrange for you to try some of the match stuff they have in inventory as well.

I don't do much in the way of bullseye these days, or competition at all. When I was shooting for OSU, I shot the 25m Standard Pistol event (ISSF aka world cup event, not an olympic event anymore) with a Walther GSP in .22lr with a 1000g trigger. I shot the 50m Free Pistol event with a Hammerli FP10 and ~50g trigger. I did the 10m air pistol event with a Morini for a while, then later a walther. I did best with the Morini, mostly because the grip fit my hand better. The electronic trigger was pretty nice. When I could get my hand positioned in the Walther grip correctly I was dead on, but I had consistency problems with it.

I'll let you know the next time I'm in town. I'm sure I can talk to my old coach and we can hit the OSU range. I can probably arrange for you to try some of the match stuff they have in inventory as well.

That would be awesome.. Once the season gets here, I shoot IDPA.. Not from a competition standpoint but more from a situational awareness and defensive training to stay quick and accurate..