Bullying advice.

Anden

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think the guys on sport bikes picking him up is for the intimidation factor but rather the cool factor. He would be the talk of the school among the other kids in an environment where popularity is all that matters. I was always among the popular kids in school and I was never bullied, they usually never are.

I work about 20 minutes from Troy and I could meet up there during my lunch break or on a Friday. Not only do I think it will help with his bullying problems but it will leave him with a lasting memory and a lot of new friends.

I was always the introverted but big kid. The thing that bullies don't understand about those of us that are even tempered and quiet is, piss us off, and you are going to get your ass beat like you've never had before. I don't look for a fight, but I'm not about to back away from one either.

All this nonsense these days about bullying and how they're publicizing it is bringing up a generation of kids that don't understand that it's ok to confront what is wrong, even when that means a fight. Hell, our country was FOUNDED on that principle, and has stood by it ever since. If you don't confront evil, it doesn't just go away- it comes back with friends and relatives.

So, now my 7 year old son seems to be similar to me. He's a big kid, but he's also just a happy kid that doesn't have a mean streak in him. I will tell him the same thing I was told: If you've tried everything to resolve the problem, hit 'em as hard as you can in the face. If that doesn't work, don't stop until it does.

Unfortunately, those that are looking for a fight are not going to show you the same respect you give them as part of being a decent person demands, so you have to show them in a way they can understand, if you're not able to ignore them.