arkansas teen prank texts police detective

crb

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gf20Ooln7TwsS2qgp_GWuoPw0r6w?docId=1db94e36d15041b28c021b78b3fa9bfc

ROGERS, Ark. (AP) —A northwest Arkansas teenager thought it would be funny to text a random phone number saying she hid a body, but the joke backfired.

Of all the local phone numbers she could have chosen, the 15-year-old Rogers girl picked one that belonged to a police detective. Police found the girl's address by tracing her cellphone number.

The prank? To text: "I hid the body ... Now what?" to a random phone number. The teen said she got the idea for the prank from a posting on the website Pinterest.

Police didn't find the prank funny and say it tied up some of the department's resources.

The girl was released with a warning.

Wow...If I was the cop I'd play along while my guys tracked her down then open up a can of whoop ass. She's lucky she just got a warning but the odds that she would select the phone number of a cop are insane unless she lives in a small town.

Wow...If I was the cop I'd play along while my guys tracked her down then open up a can of whoop ass.

:wtf: it was a prank text. not really that big of a deal.

if i was the cop, soon as i found out it was a prank i would have pranked her back....show up in uniform, question her, tell her a body has been recovered and was severely mutilated, say whoever did it is going down for murder 1...let her sweat it a few days....then tell her it was a prank

i dont think an "ass whooping" is called for....im sure you made your share of prank calls growing up (and if you didnt, youre the minority....no pun intended...you know, since youre black and stuff :D)

:wtf: it was a prank text. not really that big of a deal.

if i was the cop, soon as i found out it was a prank i would have pranked her back....show up in uniform, question her, tell her a body has been recovered and was severely mutilated, say whoever did it is going down for murder 1...let her sweat it a few days....then tell her it was a prank

i dont think an "ass whooping" is called for....im sure you made your share of prank calls growing up (and if you didnt, youre the minority....no pun intended...you know, since youre black and stuff :D)

Ok, no prank calls when I was younger. I agree I would of done the best to scare the shit out of her once it was found out to be a prank. Given how fucked up the younger generation is I'm not surprised really. Tying up cops just for a prank not cool at all.