Panther 1946

buildit

Not mine but yes he is a dual sport rider also. Cool old Panther I was lucky enough to get some photos and video of it running. It reminds me how far our bikes have come and that the things we bitch about are so small in comparison to what riding was back then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RCO7JHoB14

I like that bike a lot! Looks how a motorcycle should look, imho.

Hope I'm running that good at 66... A little hard to start, then I'm good for a minute, then I run outta gas - that bike and I have a lot in common...:D

I went to a vintage motorcycle museum in St. Louis. I fell in love with a 20's era bike called a Scott Flying Squirrel. Amazed that with the "limited" technology availble, that this stuff even functions. But back thing, designers were not distracted with Farmville and Angy Birds, so they just worked things through.

B-and-B-flying-squirrel.jpg

More info from the owner:

Yes,still considered a "slopper". It`s a model 60,249cc made in 1940 but held back due to WW11 and sold as a 1946 with girder forks. when they ran out of the girder forks in mid year they went to the new hydrolic forks so this is an early one.