Knee Sliders

Mykill

I just buy whatever is cheapest. It's a "part" you intend to destroy by dragging it on the ground... Unless the life is significantly longer, there's no point in spending $44 per set.

If you search around, I have found $25 sets. Buy 2 to rationalize shipping.

Nothing bad to say about the klucky pucks, but I currently run chicken hawks, which are quite thick, and (in my mind) keep me from dragging leathers better.

I just buy whatever is cheapest. It's a "part" you intend to destroy by dragging it on the ground... Unless the life is significantly longer, there's no point in spending $44 per set.

If you search around, I have found $25 sets. Buy 2 to rationalize shipping.

Nothing bad to say about the klucky pucks, but I currently run chicken hawks, which are quite thick, and (in my mind) keep me from dragging leathers better.

Uhm. see bold above.. the kluckys last longer than anything out there. And they dont "grab" like some pucks do. I can wear a normal set of pucks down in 1 track day if I wanted. Pucks are to help you judge your lean angle without tearing up your suit, not to drag on every possible corner. The more you ride, the more you learn that you touch the puck for judging lean angle, then you pull it back, lean in more, etc. You dont just drag them to drag them.

Yeah I talked to the Jennings people when I was there, they were 30 a set, and looked super legit. It seems as though any of the Klucky Pucks, the ones that Blue posted, and the Jennings ones, are made of similar material. Much harder than the cheap plastic that A-Star etc uses.

Or just ride like Cox, fast and no need to drag knee. This isnt the case with me, I need a set too lol.

That "plastic" is usually asphalt. Not sure what klucky's use, but they do seem to slide more than grind.

I am well aware that pucks aren't there to be destroyed, but I still prefer a thicker set. I'm a thin guy. The knees of my leathers tend to twist a bit on my leg, which can lead to dragging the leather on the front of my shin, rather than dragging the puck.

Leather repair costs a lot more than replacing chicken hawk pucks a bit more often. As with most things, YMMV.