Stuck throttle?

ReconRat

Sheriff's looking at possibility of a stuck throttle causing a crash.

I wouldn't want to be that repair shop. I wonder which one.

Happened in the Piqua area.

Oh, and remind me to check my throttle (and brakes) after repair, even if it's me doing the work....

Test drive takes a dangerous turn

Piqua_motorcycle_crash_1_20120329212445_320_240.JPG

http://media2.wdtn.com//photo/2012/03/29/Piqua_motorcycle_crash_1_20120329212445_320_240.JPG

believe.... (but not sure) that it was a crappy little place on 66. My son actually pointed out a red sport bike that was sitting at it earlier that day. as far as a stuck throttle...... i call BS. you got 3 ways to kill the thing if such happens.... plus im not sure that bike could make 100+ without shifting at least once which would mean he go off and back on the throttle. most unfortunately he has passed on... but i gotta beleive it was rider stupidity. were he lost it at is near the edge of town were cops can been seen on occasion and if he waits a couple miles he has a good bit of straight open road to cut it loose.

there is a T road right in that area that another cyclist got pulled out in front of just last week....... still rider error. that area is not the place to crack a bike open..... theres a trailer park, a t road a curve and several businesses along there. the car more than likely stopped to turn on zeigler rd or one of the houses right there. either way the dip shouldnt have been running 100+ in that 50mph zone. who gets on a bike that has just been worked on to test ride it and goes balls out....... maybe im missing something but i would think you would go easy till you knew all was OK.