MotoGP: Start to the season

bigd

I was really pleased/excited to see Bradl's performance in his first MotoGP race. Pretty impressive.

Me too, he did well in Moto2 last year so I assumed he'd be up with the top 10 - but never figured he would end up what? 6th right? Got the pass on Hayden somewhere in the last few laps I think? He may prove to be a spoiler soon

So what was or is Rossi's excuse for letting the letting the CRT guys watch his lines? Good to see Hayden in 7th but once again, Ducati seems way off the pace.

He was actually gaining on the group Hayden was in towards the end of the race. Plus, even still, he was certainly far enough in front of Spies and the CRTs and was gone to no "watching"...

Here's the thing I get tired of. All of a sudden, Rossi is being dumped by his fans. He's being joked about or even had stones thrown for comments about Stoner when he was on the Ducati.

Few little facts... Stoner when he was riding the Duc and even the year he won the championship, had crashed more than anyone else in the paddock. He had a TOUGH time getting to terms with the bike. He also has stated recently, comments that show it was tough getting the Duc to a place it would win. SToner is really good. REALLY good. Not a fan, but Lord knows he has talent and now that he is on one of the top bikes, he is certainly a contender for the championship.

Rossi is struggling for several reasons. First, he is a rider that has accomplished more than any other rider. He has ridden at a level that he expects to be up front. He gets frustrated when he cannot and he is one of the BEST development riders. Also, the Italians are VERY hard to deal with. They are MUCH slower than what Rossi is accustomed to. They take longer, have a MUCH deeper sense of opinion than others. Trust me, I've dealt with Italian companies and what he is saying is VERY typical. That adds to the frustration.

I think they will get it right. He chose a setup and gambled. He lost. When they get it right, he will be right there in that top three area I believe.

Just dont throw stones at Rossi for not being where he should be, don't be critical to what he is doing or not doing... Trust me, had he stayed with Yamaha (Remember, he made that bike what it is), he'd probably be giving Stoner fits...

I also believe that this is not the last you will see of Rossi on the podium winning... I think unless things show signs of winning ways, he will get back with a team on a bike he can win for one last go. He's far from over. Remember, some guys even though "old" can still stick with the youngins...

Rossi said he would have been further up except Barbara pushed him off track and lost 2 seconds. He was only about 1.5 back from nickys group. I know like Brian said he's not happy with the slow progress or the team going the direction they want to go.

...I also believe that this is not the last you will see of Rossi on the podium winning... I think unless things show signs of winning ways, he will get back with a team on a bike he can win for one last go. He's far from over. Remember, some guys even though "old" can still stick with the youngins...

As long as Stoner and Pedrosa can stay in front of Lorenzo, I will be happy. I would love to see Rossi and Ducati in the mix and I wonder if Rossi might jump to BMW if BMW comes in next year????