Programming a car key HELP

Chrome

So i lost my wifes second key for her car, (Volvo S40 2006) and just got the new one in the mail. I called the stealership and they want $85+ to program it. Does anyone have a hookup on where to go to get a cheaper price on programming? I tried alot of the tricks you read online but none of them worked for me.

With Ford if you dont have 2 keys already, you can't program a 3rd. So you have to pay and last time I had to do it, that was 125, not 85.

Maybe Volvo is different, but both my F150 and my moms Edge lost keys and had to get a 2nd done AT ford for 125.

Good luck, but I don't think you can do it without the 2nd key.

Check your owners manual. Sometimes you may be able to do it yourself. I am pretty sure when I had my VW, there was a procedure right in the book on how to program the key to the car. Your Volvo may be the same, it's worth a look if you didn't already.

I know all Nissans with a chip key need to be done by the dealer. I wouldn't be surprised if Volvo is the same. $85 isn't too bad, especially if you didn't get the key from them. I knew a guy who was able to do some of the chips, but he'd be $60-$140 depending on the key.