Commuting leg armor

progrmr

I need to get some leg armor to wear while commuting to/from work. I need to look normal when I get to the office so I'm thinking about getting the Alpinestars Bionic Knee guards for under the jeans/pants I wear for work.

What do you all wear? Over-pants or armor?

I got a pair of joe rocket mesh over pants for summer and a waterproof insulated pair for cold riding. They make me feel a little safer riding on the highway during rush-hour, and they are both fairly comfortable.

I tried this back in 2004 once. BOHN underarmor. They make skin tight pants with armor you wear under your jeans. Check them out. Do a google search on them. ;)

that would get pretty hot to wear all day while you work, find some MX gear, and stash it in your desk

Im gonna get a set of ICON shin-knee guards...heard good things about them..

Everything I've read about them is positive except the size - they say that if you don't have small calves they don't fit well at all.

That's the main reason I went with the apline* - if they don't work out it's on $25. Then I can invest in something better.

Seems like the best solution for on-the-go daily commuting.

I have been a fan of Icon gear for a while now. leather jacket w/ removable liner, mesh jacket w/ removable sleeves (never take them off kinda pointless), and two helmets. I have yet to test the durability though.

I wasn't being a dick just sarcastic. What are the shorts for? underpants I assume.

I'm learning some new stuff around here. I always figured a helmet, jacket w/ pads and DC shoes were plenty of protective equipment. Now I'm looking into a pair of boots, and soon a 1 pc. suit. I would like to do some track days this year. I've been riding for a long time, but I never talked to many track guys. Anyway this group has broadened my horizons.

I wasn't being a dick just sarcastic. What are the shorts for? underpants I assume.

I'm learning some new stuff around here. I always figured a helmet, jacket w/ pads and DC shoes were plenty of protective equipment. Now I'm looking into a pair of boots, and soon a 1 pc. suit. I would like to do some track days this year. I've been riding for a long time, but I never talked to many track guys. Anyway this group has broadened my horizons.

Lol, no problem i was just messin' around. :D I'm gonna give armor a shot. I dont really feel like riding in leathers all the time, and its definitely better than just riding in standard jeans i hope. When i first got into riding, I didnt talk to many people and wore only a helmet, thick winter jacket, and skate shoes. I'm really glad that I'm not that person anymore, it was stupid and dangerous. another reason why i appreciate any advice from fellow riders now. :)