Commuting leg armor

progrmr

I got the A* last night - here's a quick review of what I got:

Nice package, they come in a little "ditty" bag and they aren't too big. The construction seems solid enough, although the straps are way too big for my legs. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to wrap the straps around twice or something - maybe. Also if the velcro that secures the armor gets on the actual strap it'll shred it nicely. Avoid this if you want them to last for any length of time.

They fit my legs good from a form fitting perspective. They fit under jeans without printing or making me look like robo-cop. There are only 2 straps to secure the armor and they are both on the shin guard section - there is nothing to secure the knee/above the knee area to the leg. So what happens is that once you stand up and start walking the top/knee section is loose and will allow the armor to slide down your leg.

The only other issue I have is that it seems pretty likely that the armor would move around in a crash - especially since the knee section isn't secured to the leg. I'm going to see if there's some way to put these on to properly secure them.

So overall better than nothing and the price is right ($25+shipping). I'll probably be checking out the icon field armor to compare.

EDIT: I was just looking at the prod description at bikebandit and it says there is a hook/loop system. I think I must have missed a loop or something. I'll check again when at home and post up what I find.

Leg armor update: There is no hook/loop system...hoop/look system means velcro loop strap! haha!

Well, these are loose enough that I'm going to have to sew a loop in the strap to shorten it a bit and fit snugly. Aside from this I feel that this armor is worth $25.

I will now let this thread die (especially since it has degenerated into its current state! :) )