J.W.

J.W.

I suppose since I have posted on this forum, I should now introduce myself. I'm originally from Kentucky (also known as Alabama to those of you north of Dayton) and moved just north of Cincinnati the year before last. I've been riding motorcycles since about the time those hippies at UCLA first transmitted pictures of cats to each other via tubes. You can use the Google box if you need exact dates. I enjoy trackdays. Have not tried racing yet but I'm thinking about it. Mostly, I just wander around on the streets and backroads trying to find out where I'm going. I don't ride too crazy on public roads anymore but can still put a puck down in a corner (and bring it back up) if need be.

Right now, I have a ZX6R and a 1972 Honda that is more like something out of a Hunter S. Thompson story than I would like to admit. Ask me how much I like drum brakes from the early industrial age. My wife decided not to be a backpack anymore and now she has a couple of bikes of her own. An older Ninja 250 and a newer R6.

We still have lots of good friends in Kentucky and miss the good twisty roads that are almost devoid of traffic - save the occasional tractor or misplaced cow - and are always looking for good roads and good people to wander around with on them up here.

No thread is complete without pics so here they are.

ZX6R touring edition:

DSCF0042.jpg

1972 Honda:

handa2.jpg

Obligatory Deals Gap photos:

dealsgap.jpg

37.jpg

The Track:

071124-2250.jpg

Oh, and a self portrait (sorry ladies, I'm spoken for):

ned.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

ned.jpg

Old dude like me, puts skull & crossbones stickers on sportbike, looks sexy as hell, :lol: and quotes Peter Egan?

I think he'll fit in just fine around here.

Welcome from Taxerville, er, Westerville!

Welcome to the site. One of the funniest intros I've read on here. :lol:

Glad to be here.

I wanna know how you got saddle bags on a ZX

Just a basic Nelson Rigg setup. The 2007 ZX6R has an undertail exhaust so that helps with hooking it up fast. The same set fits the R6 (with some adjustments) and the old style Ninja250 too.

Oh, and it has been tested to carry a 12 pack in each of the saddle bags and a case in the top bag. Great grocery getter :wtf:

Old dude like me, puts skull & crossbones stickers on sportbike, looks sexy as hell, :lol: and quotes Peter Egan?

I'm just happy someone else is old enough to even know who Peter Egan is. These kids today and their fancy fuel injection. Back in my day...

Glad to be here.

Just a basic Nelson Rigg setup. The 2007 ZX6R has an undertail exhaust so that helps with hooking it up fast. The same set fits the R6 (with some adjustments) and the old style Ninja250 too.

Oh, and it has been tested to carry a 12 pack in each of the saddle bags and a case in the top bag. Great grocery getter :wtf:

I had Fieldsheer's on the ZX10:

5203_551798654417_50608759_32548673_6618677_n.jpg

Looks close to the exhaust because of the angle of the picture, but it wasn't close at all.