4/21 thoughts (Dayton area)

Exarch

I havent seen anyone post any events for 4/21 yet, so I figured I would try to get something going. As of right now my boss has me off for that day(woohoo, 1st sat off this year) now im not looking to lead this event(as I dont know all the fun roads) but I just want to see who would he interested and what times would be good for people. We also need to determine a meet up location, im thinking QSL(fairborn) hooters(miller lane) or bdubs(Kettering) or whatever other suggestions people put out there.

Once we figure out what we are going to do I can post up the time, location, and routs(if we can get enough people interested, maybe 5+ people?) So just let me know if your interested and if anyone has some goos input.

head count: (will update as I get more INS or possibles)

INS- 5

Possibles- 3

Total- 8

Edit- here is the offical post for more info http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?p=823713#post823713

Edited by Exarch
  • Upvote 1

Ok, so far looks like people are cool with QSL(fairborn) but still open to suggestions (majority rules) we got 6 people interested so far. I know im open for pretty much any time frame, but not sure about other people. im thinking we can meet up sometime between 11am-2pm depending on what works best for most people.

Gotcha. Ill try to get intouch with accord Sunday or Monday for route info and then Tuesday I will make the official post with google maps :)

I hope Saturdays weather is not like it was today, but the forecast does look good so far :)

Edited by Exarch

I may not make the ride with everyone(layed my bike down) but im deff still on for QSL im gunna try to get my new clipons and new mirror to make her roadworthy again for the ride. Its all a matter if I get the parts in time, ill be ordering em from sportys trikes and bikes(aslong as they arnt on backorder)

I will however still he posting the planned route regardless.

I may not make the ride with everyone(layed my bike down) but im deff still on for QSL im gunna try to get my new clipons and new mirror to make her roadworthy again for the ride. Its all a matter if I get the parts in time, ill be ordering em from sportys trikes and bikes(aslong as they arnt on backorder)

I will however still he posting the planned route regardless.

Whoooops. Are you okay?

Whoooops. Are you okay?

Ya im good, just some minor scratches. Wrecking my bike wasnt as bad as I imagined it would be actually lol. Although this was the first time ive rode my bike with no gloves, boots, and no pants(well had thin cotton/polyester work pants on) and I had my bros jacket on(which I put a tiny rip in) I need to start keepin my riding gear in my car or atleast head home to get it next time. I guess this is lesson learned on the gear(even though I wasnt hurt bad, it coulda been worse)

Dude I still feel so bad about that.

Not ur fault, dont worry bout it. I was going at my own pace and not yours :) now if I woulda tried to keep up I prob would of took both us out and it prob woulda been serious. But you were more than great about me riding at my own(sloooooow) pace. And I still had fun(except those big wind blasts) and I hope I get my parts in time so I can do it all over again(hopefully without crashing again hah)

Oh btw the crazy guy in the white cobalt that waved at you eas my dad hah. And my wife wasnt as pissed as I thought she would be, she was actually quite understanding :)

But you were more than great about me riding at my own(sloooooow) pace. And I still had fun(except those big wind blasts) and I hope I get my parts in time so I can do it all over again(hopefully without crashing again hah)

Going slower was good for me today! I got 45mpg today on my tank of gas! Lately I have been averaging 39.

Those wind blasts are brutal on a 250 aren't they! Thought I was gonna blow away today.

Yup, my ass couldnt ride a straight line if my life depended on it lol. I was afraid I was gunna blow into a car or off the road.

Going slower was good for me today! I got 45mpg today on my tank of gas! Lately I have been averaging 39.

Nice, how fast do you normally ride on a route like that? I barley even used any gas myself. I was still over 1/2 a tank and started at a lil under 3/4 a tank.

Nice, how fast do you normally ride on a route like that? I barley even used any gas myself. I was still over 1/2 a tank and started at a lil under 3/4 a tank.

With a couple of spirited friends before, we went from 35/Valley rd to 350/123 in about an hour. But it all depends on how I feel during that day when I ride. Some days you just get your head in the game enough to relax and have fun. The more you can relax while riding the easier it is to ride that faster pace once you get comfortable with it. And for me that is where the fun is. Riding faster through the curves while being relaxed and comfortable.