A Ron Paul win will discredit....

Casper

Why would he run for the republican nomination if he is an independent unless he is a spineless two faced asshole with no core or soul?

He is what the Republican party was, and wants to bring it back to its roots.

so you're saying we should have more loyalty to the republican party than to the constitution.... interesting....

There's not a chance I came even close to saying that.

I'm saying that you have had your chance to vote for RP this election cycle unless he is a complete douche and runs as an independent. If he has been using the republican nominating process to gain name recognition for the purpose of running as an independent all along he is a spineless fuck that hasn't been truthful to any of us. I find that to be a less than desirable person to consider as a viable prospect for a vote.

I really like RP and agree with him on 99% of his platform. Most of them are about things that the government shouldn't have been involved in at all to begin with. One of the few things that the government should be involved in is national defense and he is so wrong about that it isn't even worth thinking about voting for him.

I think he would have made a fine independent candidate but he missed that opportunity as soon as he decided to run for the republican nomination. If you think that means I think you should be loyal to the Republican Party you need to take a step back and evaluate your fan boy status because it is blinding you and making it hard for me to take you serious.

What if the whole reason I bothered voting in the republican primary was the chance to vote for ron paul... should I not vote for him again just because the republican party doesn't back him? Should he not continue to run just because the party doesn't back him? If I asked you to support me as the official "uncle punk" nominee forclass president, and you backed someone else, does that mean I can't run, simply because I asked for your support and didn't get it?

What if the whole reason I bothered voting in the republican primary was the chance to vote for ron paul... should I not vote for him again just because the republican party doesn't back him? Should he not continue to run just because the party doesn't back him? If I asked you to support me as the official "uncle punk" nominee forclass president, and you backed someone else, does that mean I can't run, simply because I asked for your support and didn't get it?

You need to explain this a little better for me to understand what you just meant.

Maybe I'm getting your point and the parties shouldn't have a nominee process at all just a general election where as many candidates that wanted to run should be the choices. If RP believes that is the best way to go then why bother with pretending and lying to all of us that he is a republican?

Deciding to seek the republican nomination, when that doesn't work out for him he changes his stripes to run as an independent. I see such a move as not making him much different than all of the other lying politicians. It certainly doesn't make him stand out from the lying crowd as a better candidate, just another one that will lie and deceive to obtain the goal he desires. I think we should expect much better. (Not that we are getting better with our other options.)

Now this is all speculation, when he loses the republican nomination and decides to run as an independent will the name calling be earned. I can't believe his supporters would want him to be such a two faced loser.

I mean... He is running for president of the united states...

most of his ideas fall in line with the republican party, so he asked them to support him... if they don't support him does that mean that he shouldn't still run for office? should his "loyalty" to that party stop him from continuing to run?

it is what you're saying that he is 2 faced for still wanting to be president, even if the republican party doesn't suport him (because he asked for their support)... is it not?

If it was my dream to be an astronaut, and i applied at nasa and went through their interview process,and they said "no, you're not our astronaut" would it somehow be 2 faced for me to go to SpaceX and apply for the same job? or Go home and build my own spaceship?

Edited by magley64

I mean... He is running for president of the united states...

most of his ideas fall in line with the republican party, so he asked them to support him... if they don't support him does that mean that he shouldn't still run for office? should his "loyalty" to that party stop him from continuing to run?

it is what you're saying that he is 2 faced for still wanting to be president, even if the republican party doesn't suport him (because he asked for their support)... is it not?

If it was my dream to be an astronaut, and i applied at nasa and went through their interview process,and they said "no, you're not our astronaut" would it somehow be 2 faced for me to go to SpaceX and apply for the same job? or Go home and build my own spaceship?

Yes, I'm saying that this election cycle if he has decided to seek the republican nomination he should be loyal to the party he was pretending to represent for giving him the opportunity for exposure. That has nothing to do with seeking a job that you aren't representing people or asking them for support to get that job.

If he wants to be president at any cost why doesn't he also usurp himself into the democrat nominee process at the same time? Twice the exposure and he could still run as an independent when he isn't taken seriously by either party.