finally!

cOoTeR

I got the rc51 street legal, insured and tagged Thursday. I decided its time to take it out. So I rode it into town to fill it up and that's when I remembered that I couldn't tell how fast I was going due to the gearing change (-1,+2). So I just took it kind of easy and filled it up then returned home. I did notice that the exhaust was really loud for being stock and back fired a lot. So I think the previous owner drilled the baffles out. But that's ok because I plan on changing the exhaust. I also noticed theres a lot of intake noise, it almost sounds supper charged. I think its partly due to me removing the "snorkle" thing. I went home and found an excel sheet online that is used to estimate speed after gearing changes. I took off for a ride. At first I took it easy because it hasn't been ridden in three years. But when I opened it up wow it pulled like crazy and suprised me how quick it was for a 12yr old bike. It handled great. To finish this bike I need to get it painted, chop the tail and get the exhaust and a tune done. I can't wait till its done but its already a head turner. People look at it and can't tell what kinda bike it is. It's ugly as can be but it makes it have a trashy hotness to it.

Yeah but the roads aren't as nice. If I wanna find some good curves I need to go up into the mountains but I'm not to sure if I'm ready to take the bike that far yet. Not too sure about the reliability.