Morgan 3 Wheeler

abdecal

At least it looks like what it is... an unstable car...

Trikes are not motorcycles

Single wheel in the front is unstable, single wheel in the rear is stable. I figured an engineer like yourself would be able to figure that out.

Single wheel in the front is unstable, single wheel in the rear is stable. I figured an engineer like yourself would be able to figure that out.

Both are unstable, run this thing though a slolem vs a 4 wheel car that has the same cg, and see which tips first.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2011/12/22/2012-can-am-spyders-first-look/

My dad test rode one of these last week and said the sales person said its supposed to be 'untippable' which im sure is untrue, but my dad decided to somewhat test this out. He isnt new to the bike/3Wheeler world or anything(been riding for 30+years) he took a fast sharp right turn on the trike(not enough to tip it, but enough to get it on 2 wheels) he said the engine cut off(didnt stall) for a split second and the wheel ended up staying on the ground. Apparently there is some sort of computerized system(not just the traction control) that helps keep all 3 wheels on the ground and transfers/reduces power where needed to help prevent one of the wheels from comming off the ground.

There is more detail in this artical about how it works, but not all of the specifics. I cant see it being tip-proof though, but im sure its just alot harder to tip than some of the other 3 Wheelers. Not sure if this is independent or single, im guessing independent though.

I dont think ide want to own one, but I think it would be fun to ride around in if I ever got the chance.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2011/12/22/2012-can-am-spyders-first-look/

My dad test rode one of these last week and said the sales person said its supposed to be 'untippable' which im sure is untrue, but my dad decided to somewhat test this out.

Yes the can-am has an automatic rollover mitigation system, that includes engine management, and adjustable on the fly suspension to dip into the corners... that being said, it' still less stable than a motorcycle...and less stable than a car with the same CG.

I reccomended one to an old guy i know that has bad hips...I pretend I don't know him when i see him out on it, but he did let me take it for a spin when he bought it...

Acceleration was unimpressive, as was overall speed. I didn't flat out try to roll it, but I did push it a little, and got some of the mitigation measures to kick in

for the price, there are 100 motorcycles out there and probably a dozen cars that i would rather own....

Those Can-Am's haul ass. I was passed by a guy on I-75 and he had to be doing 130mph on it.

that's hauling ass? that's usually when i'm shifting to 4th gear :p

Edited by magley64