Working on a 2007 ZX6R

ninjagirl219

Okay, so I'm in the market for a ZX-6R. I think I found what I want but the guy has not tuned it up since owning it and is has 13,700 miles on it. He has changed the oil and had the recall for the gasket fixed, so that's a plus. So I gather plugs, wires, valve-adjustment, fluids, suspension and brake check are necessary. Does anyone know if this is pretty hard to do on this bike?

I've changed the spark plugs, brake pads and fluids on my YZF600R before and that wasn't too hard. Had a friend help me with bleeding the brakes and that went okay too. I'm wondering how this bike is to work on. I will likely need to source out the valve-adjustment and suspension work if necessary, but wondering about the basics.

Any thoughts would be great before I decide on this bike as the keeper!

Thanks!

Plugs will be about the same as the yzf as far as changing, no wires to change unless there is a cylinder not firing right. If you really want to check the valves you can do it when you do the plugs, just 8 bolts and the cover pops off but I doubt they are out. I have done suspension fluid changes on a 08, not hard if you have the tools.

Based on your area, not sure if Hoblick does any of this at shopdog cycles.