husqvarna weed eater

kawi kid

Got it brand new as a wedding gift last July. I assembled it and set it aside since I didn't need it for the remainder of the summer. I pulled it out of the garage today and started it for the first time let it idle for a minute or two (my own feel good break in period) and started to trim my sidewalk. About three minutes later I get a nice crunch sound and no more head spinning just the motor reving. Perplexed I disassemble the arm and find the drive shaft has snapped in two.... awesome!

Anyone have any experience in warranty work with the manufacturer or can point me in e right direction?

I'll post a picture in a bit.

I love mine, bought it last summer and it runs like a champ. Sometimes ill even do my entire yard with it instead of busting out the mower :lol: best $300 ive ever spent.

As far as warranty... Umm 3years? Maybe 5 years? Im not sure, havent had to use the warranty. If you know where it was purchased and/or have a receipt you can contact the store it came from, if not go to the main website and give em a call.

Must have, Ive run my Toro weed eater/stick edger for 6 years now and just end of last fall had to replace the weed eater portion. I would definitely call them tomorrow or call a local dealer and take it for warranty work.

TSC sells those. Take it there, they can help you. Or call them first. Or better yet call Husqavarna direct. If they're a good company they'll make it right.

2012-05-02_20-39-25_578.jpg

Don't mind my sweet farmers tan already :)

As you can see the cable drive shaft literally snapped. Im guessing this isn't a fix it and return it to you situation. Seems more like here is a new one.

TSC sells those. Take it there, they can help you. Or call them first. Or better yet call Husqavarna direct. If they're a good company they'll make it right.

Ill check and see if that's where they got it from. Like I saidbit was a gift for the wedding so ill have to figure it out.