Customer Service is not dead, I got it from Chase of all places

Sapphy

Yes you read that right. I am, at this moment, happy with Chase Bank. Today I went to get fuel in the bike on my way to work, my card was declined :wtf: I thought maybe it was just Speedway, so I went across the street to BP, and same thing at the pump. I go in, and try it there, same thing. The attendant said that the code looks like my account was frozen. :wtf: :wtf: So I email my boss in tell him I will not be in, and head home. I log onto the bank and WTf 5 charges from North Carolina. So I call Chase's number, they got me right over to the fraud dept. We sorted through the good charges vs the bad ones and they told me I would have the money back by end of day (Its back already). They tell me to go to the branch and they will give me a temp ATM card and some cash out of my account to keep me going till the new card comes in the mail.

So I look and find out that the branch opens at 7am :wtf::D So I had to the branch and meet with a banker. He double checks everything, makes sure the work the call center did was spot on (it was) and informed me they actually was one of the rare branches with a Card Printer and would print me a new card on the spot. The whole time they were very apologetic that they froze the account and that my card had been hijacked. I was like "No really I am glad you froze the account I totally get it and am happy you did, now we just clean up and drive on"

Got the card, got the money back was treated well. All and all it was awesome customer Service.

Same here with what was National City, now PNC. Got a phone call at 8am asking if I was currently making purchases in Nevada and Pennsylvania. Said "no I was sleeping" they said ok, we have froze your account and I got all the money back in a couple days.

same thing happened to my wife while i was at putnam. Sucked for her because she was in line at the grocery store with a cart full of groceries. You think they would at least call you when they freeze your account but at least they declined the suspicious transactions (from norway of all places).

That is good service and not to shit on your good story but also keep in mind it's in their best interest to resolve it as quickly as possble to limit their liability. Companies are much more cooperative and helpful when they have skin in the game.

Why didn't they call you and inform you of the activity and the hold on your account prior to you finding out by having your card declined which can be a bit embarrassing?

I was in Miami recently and made a rather sizable purchase on my Amex. Within 15 minutes I got a phone call, text and email from Amex asking to verfy the validity of the purchase.

I've also had that happen, and with Chase. I appreciate they are capable enough to catch the anomalies and shut down the account, but it pisses me off that they don't bother to notify you of what is going on.

I use my credit / debit card for everything; I never carry cash.

The day my account got frozen I was 300 miles from home and was at a gas station with an empty tank and no way to pay for it. That was aggravating.

I'm happy things worked out for you. I will never forgive them for charging me 1000% on a 2.80 overdraft that was caused by their shady accounting of deposits and withdrawals to maximize the amount of OD charges they could draw.

Unfortunately, my mortgage is owned by them, not by choice.