5/6 Miami County (Dayton North)

VanDy

There is nothing wrong with being the last one in the group. It's one this to be slow. It's another to not at least go the speed limit. I can respect you slowing down for the curves and riding where you are comfortable, but you should at least be able to go 55 on the straits. A few times I noticed we were going 54 down 202 and you were falling behind with a line of cars behind you. I'm not trying to be mean and come down on you but we need to find a way to boost up your confidence while riding.

• Upvote 1

I'll def give exarch props for riding his own pace! Maybe you (quickaccord) should ride him 2up at 65mph to show him that the air won't get sucked out of his lungs :)

On a serious note.. Only thing touching the pavement was rubber so I'll mark today up in the successful category!

-VanDy

Well if I'm being too hard and unreasonable I'm sorry. Honestly I am.

All good, I just dont got that confidence yet at higher speeds, which is why ima just stick to the city for now. I know that, you know that, its pretty obvious. I just like putting around, plenty of fun for me, for now :)

Im not really a huge thrill seeker and the last thing I wanna do is get uncomfortable, because thats when mistakes are more likely to happen. Although I did put alot of tips that people gave me about downshifting to good use today, but I think I was downshifting way too early :dunno:

I'll def give exarch props for riding his own pace! Maybe you (quickaccord) should ride him 2up at 65mph to show him that the air won't get sucked out of his lungs :)

On a serious note.. Only thing touching the pavement was rubber so I'll mark today up in the successful category!

-VanDy

saw some chick on the back of a busa on the way home, I was doing 65 in a 50(on harshman) and the guy driving must of been doing 80+ as he passed me like I was standing still. we start going around that lil curv where the light to 201 is and its pure red, well the idiot on the busa slows down to about 40 if I had to guess and runs the red light to make a left turn onto 201. Shit I thought he was gunna lay that fucker down or get hit by another car, his knees were almost to the ground. neither one had any gear on either.

All I could think is that chick is crazy as shit for getting on the back of that bike, but atleast she leaned into the turn with him.

Point is, youll never catch me on the back of any bike again. Ive rode 2up 2x in my life. Once when I was 10 and once last year. + the whole its kinda gay thing :lol:

Point is, youll never catch me on the back of any bike again. Ive rode 2up 2x in my life. Once when I was 10 and once last year. + the whole its kinda gay thing :lol:

That's why I suggested quick accord ride you 2up!! Lol

-VanDy

Exarch, don't EVER push yourself if you're not comfortable. You are never forced. Don't give up on group rides, you will learn a lot and most will wait at stop signs/lights. And it's not because there is someone slow in the group, it's courtesy to make sure no one went down. I used to ride with ninjanick on his 14 all the time on my 250 plus all the hocking rides..and I will still be in the back because that's where I'm comfortable.

• Upvote 1

There is nothing wrong with being the last one in the group. It's one this to be slow. It's another to not at least go the speed limit. I can respect you slowing down for the curves and riding where you are comfortable, but you should at least be able to go 55 on the straits. A few times I noticed we were going 54 down 202 and you were falling behind with a line of cars behind you. I'm not trying to be mean and come down on you but we need to find a way to boost up your confidence while riding.

These situations are where you just stay off busy roads and keep it to the far out back roads until your comfortable going the speed limit. Staying in the city isn't a great answer either due to the mass amount of idiots you must deal with in cars . 202 is def a busy road! Sorry once again I couldn't make it fellas.

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

I'm going to have to agree with you here. I would be more uncomfortable with cars stacked up behind me because i was going under the steed limit than pushing my bike another 5-10 mph to get to the speed limit. 202 may be somewhat busy but its basiclly straight, wide and with long lines of sight.

If this were the interstate i could see not being comfortable even doing the speed limit. Since there can be such a difference in speed between you and other drivers.

This mainly goes for the instersate but i'm a firm believer of going with the flow of traffic. Dont be the guy everyone is passing and at the same time dont be the guy passing everyone else.

Last group ride I was on we put the guy with the least experience in the front, let him lead and when we got to stop signs I told him which way we need to head (was Zach, NSB and I and we put Zach in the front) was a great enjoyable ride just cruise'n the country side out here by Oxford

We figured it would be better to give him space and set the pace of the ride rather than him be trying to play catch up or stay in the middle, worked put great for us, he's also on a 600 (I believe) vs a 250 so that's a factor

Exarch, don't EVER push yourself if you're not comfortable. You are never forced. Don't give up on group rides, you will learn a lot and most will wait at stop signs/lights. And it's not because there is someone slow in the group, it's courtesy to make sure no one went down. I used to ride with ninjanick on his 14 all the time on my 250 plus all the hocking rides..and I will still be in the back because that's where I'm comfortable.

:werd:

I had my 250 up to 99 and it wouldn't go faster. Lol.

:lol: We forgot you were on a 250 after being on the straight empty highway for so long heading to hocking. That was funny when we stopped and you told us that you are cruising maxed out for miles with us. :lol: I slowed down after that because I forgot that you were on a 250 with being right next to us. We didn't want to blow it up...lol

For the bigger groups rides I've new on, we usually but the slower folks (normally me :) ) and have one if the more experienced guys run 'sweeper' at the very back

-VanDy

For the bigger groups rides I've new on, we usually but the slower folks (normally me :) ) and have one if the more experienced guys run 'sweeper' at the very back

-VanDy

:lol: wow.. what are you saying?! i understand what you were TRYING to say, i just felt like giving you shit. I bet you're on your phone?