Garage makeover

J.W.

Here is your chance to show off your garage. I need some ideas for a remodel so let's see some garages.

I started a thread about this on one of the national boards and got some good responses. Thought this might be another good place to get a few ideas. After our basement flooded last year, the garage became the default storage area and dumping ground while we did the remodel. I am not exaggerating when I say it looked like an episode of "Hoarders" for about six months. A few weeks ago, I finally got some time to get the garage back in order and took a couple of pictures. I'm thinking of doing a bit of a "remodel" to the garage this summer so please post any ideas you have come across or cheap/easy improvements you know about.

Here is how it is now. The bikes are much happier now that they are not surrounded by clutter :)

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

This is right after i finished mine. I have since added some cabinets on the left wall, and it's a lot messier lol.

Also Harley gone haha

Garage deck flooring

The bar and work bench are built by me, I used galvanized steel for the tops

Bar has a mini fridge built in behind it

Workbench has my air compressor hidden in it

32" led tv onthewall behind bar with swing out mount, hd DVD box and amplified stereo hooked to it

The cabinets came from someone who was remodeling and threw them out. I got another set a month ago and put them on the left wall.

I frenched in 2 window ac units where the windows were.

Have a wall mount propane heater

Ceiling is insulated as well as the walls. Framed out with 2x2s and drywalled

Ceiling is drywalled and finished with a texture finish

Retired the entire garage and put in several new outlets, and wired in six 4ft. 2 bulb fluorescent lights.

There is more id like to do, but time to do it is very hard to come by.

I can keep the garage at like 75 degrees in the dead of winter and about 68 in the dead of summer

I'm pretty happy with it!

088c29b4.jpg

913b649e.jpg

43e70f02.jpg

Edited by Hoblick

Garage deck.. Made by snaplock industries

Install was a breeze

Oil clean up is no problem.

I love the floor, my garage floor was uneven and cracked to hell, this was the cheaper alternative, though for my 20x22 garage it was still about $1000

But well worth it.. Floor seems pretty damn even now, and I have no issues using bike stand, or rolling anything across it.

The flooring has a 15 year warranty

The only thing I really need to get done is make a tire rack. Dunno if I'll make it out of some steel and weld it, or go cheap and do it with 2x4s

The shelf in our garage was more than half done when we moved in. I added some more supports and now it just needs some fresh paint. Its tough to tell in the pics but it is about 4ft deep so the bikes fit under it pretty well. I have tires and other assorted junk like holiday decorations up top. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to get that better organized this summer too but we'll see how it goes.

This is right after i finished mine. I have since added some cabinets on the left wall, and it's a lot messier lol.

Also Harley gone haha

Garage deck flooring

The bar and work bench are built by me, I used galvanized steel for the tops

Bar has a mini fridge built in behind it

Workbench has my air compressor hidden in it

32" led tv onthewall behind bar with swing out mount, hd DVD box and amplified stereo hooked to it

The cabinets came from someone who was remodeling and threw them out. I got another set a month ago and put them on the left wall.

I frenched in 2 window ac units where the windows were.

Have a wall mount propane heater

Ceiling is insulated as well as the walls. Framed out with 2x2s and drywalled

Ceiling is drywalled and finished with a texture finish

Retired the entire garage and put in several new outlets, and wired in six 4ft. 2 bulb fluorescent lights.

There is more id like to do, but time to do it is very hard to come by.

I can keep the garage at like 75 degrees in the dead of winter and about 68 in the dead of summer

I'm pretty happy with it!

088c29b4.jpg

913b649e.jpg

43e70f02.jpg

Wanna come and do my garage for me? That is freaken awesome.

That was a 3 month project, whenever I had free time and money ol I worked in it.

If I had the time to do it, I would renovate your garage... For a nominal fee of course :)

of course.....

That was a 3 month project, whenever I had free time and money ol I worked in it.

If I had the time to do it, I would renovate your garage... For a nominal fee of course :)

I'm not seeing a 22" Shop Dog Cycles decal on that wall! lol

^^^ That's pretty ingenious. And, at the very least your bike is locked up.

I have been pondering getting a shed for the shovels and rakes and implements of destruction along with the riding mower. Problem is, I would just find more stuff to put in the garage. Although, I could maybe squeeze a kegerator in the garage if I find a place for the riding mower icon_pidu.gif