People are this stupid!

20thGix

Have to admit though when I saw this thread title, I figured a mod had changed the title of co0kie's thread for the lulz.

That could be said for alot of the gay.gunlaw.visor.ticket.religous.threads here lately.

It says the guy that pulled the trigger is in jail, but what are they going to charge him with? Being an idiot? Because it sounds like the other guy did this willingly.

Involuntary manslaughter?

Look at kivorkian(or however you spell his name) he didn't "kill people" but he assisted in their deaths :dunno:

Also look at the charges people usually get after killing someone in a car wreck, it wasn't intentional and the other person was willing to get in the car with them, but they still get charged.

:nono: Involuntary manslaughter is if the person actually dies... This guy didn't die. I suppose you think that more laws and gun control would have prevented this? Maybe a better CHL course would have educated them?

Involuntary manslaughter?

Look at kivorkian(or however you spell his name) he didn't "kill people" but he assisted in their deaths :dunno:

Also look at the charges people usually get after killing someone in a car wreck, it wasn't intentional and the other person was willing to get in the car with them, but they still get charged.

:nono: Involuntary manslaughter is if the person actually dies... This guy didn't die. I suppose you think that more laws and gun control would have prevented this? Maybe a better CHL course would have educated them?

I'd say Assault (2903.13 I think) is a good match. Specifically section B. Section A states the person must "knowingly" cause or attempt to cause harm. So I say section B, "No person shall recklessly cause serious physical harm to another". But that's a Felony 4 or 5. Does not require intent, but does require the prosecutor prove recklessness (that is, the guy knew of the risk of harm but did it anyway)

Failing that I'd try for Negligent Assault, Misdemeanor 3. (2903.14 I think) "No person shall, using a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance, negligently cause physical harm to another..." I can't believe a jury would think a shotgun, even shooting a shell with the pellets removed, into someone's mouth is NOT a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance. It requires no proof of intent either, instead it only requires that the prosecutor show negligence (that the guy failed to recognized the risk, but a normal person *would* have)

I'd prefer the felony conviction, though, to put him under weapons disability.

I was assuming he died, I couldn't get the story to show up so I could read it, hut common sense tells me when you have a loaded gun in your mouth and pull the trigger someone is going to die 99.5% of the time.

Proper safety measures would have prevented this though ;)

I was assuming he died, I couldn't get the story to show up so I could read it, hut common sense tells me when you have a loaded gun in your mouth and pull the trigger someone is going to die 99.5% of the time.

Proper safety measures would have prevented this though ;)

Dude, do you ever read ANYTHING in its entirety before you reply?

When I read stuff like this, I just say that the Darwin Law is still in effect. We can only hope that they do a better job than that sorry bunch. They can't even screw-up right. Now if the victim had died and the guy who pulled the trigger got life, that would be more like it.

just saying