interesting read from a track day photog

jbot

lol no, but i was thinking of him as i read the blog.

in my first couple of years at the track, i bought 2 cd's or so every year. last year, i dont think i bought anything, though i keep forgetting to buy a couple pics from marty of me on the motard.

i'll probably buy a cd this year at some point to see if my body position has improved yet. i will go up to whoever is taking photos (probably marty) to make sure he gets lots of me before the day starts so i get my money's worth.

btw, i stole this from the wera forum. there are lots of good comments on there from other track/race day photogs. some of it was advice for other aspiring photogs to vary up angles, get shots from behind, get group shots, etc etc etc. here is the link to the thread

guys who are new to track riding/racing, definitely buy some photos, and make sure they know you're going to buy a cd before the day goes too long. they'll look out for you on track. once you get the photos, you'll really get a good look at your body positioning. if you ever had coaches/control riders tell you to "get off the bike more" and you're thinking "WTF, I'm hanging off the bike like a raped ape with a recently impacted anus", you'll probably see in your photos that you're not as far off the bike as you think you are (ie, as much as you should be).

anyway, i thought it was an amusing and insightful read.

if it's that shitty, he should quit.

This was posted on the WERA beeb, and over there, I posted something to the extent of:

- how about spending less time organizing and enhancing pics that no one has expressed an interest in buying?

- how about lowering the quality of the photos to meet a price point more people will buy? (i.e., don't use such expensive lenses and stuff. Oh wait, if you're a pro photographer, then you probably take pictures of more than just bikes, so the equipment is likely used for said other photography as well, and you can't count 100% of that cost toward bikes)

- maybe charge a token fee ($5) to view proofs (which i'd pay pretty much every time, even if i never planned on buying)