Mot--D dual temp tire-warmers ($160. shipped!)

redkow97

I had lined up a used set of single-temp "Speedworks warmers, by Woodcraft," or some other re-branded woodcraft warmers, but the seller flaked out on me.

I had agreed to pay $180 shipped, which I thought was a good deal. When that sale fell through (seller is deployed. Wife has more important things to do than hunt around for warmers in basement. I understand) I started looking for other options in the same price range.

The Moto-D warmers are made in China, and make no secret about it. They also offer a 1-year warranty where they'll replace ANY defect (even if it's your fault) for $50 the first time. For $160 shipped on a set of DUAL temp warmers, I think that's a pretty reasonable deal.

The warmers come rolled up, and in their own carry bag that has more than enough room to re-pack them less efficiently than they came from the factory

1337205082.jpg

They also have nice little elastic bands (that I'm sure will stretch out eventually) to hold the warmer in its rolled state.

1337205087.jpg

The switch and cord look to be of reasonable quality. Time will tell. The dual-temp setup seems pretty straight-forward. 1 line for 140 degrees, and 2 lines for 175 degrees. The middle is off.

1337205064.jpg

The interior of the warms look to be of good quality as well. No loose threads or uneven finishing stitches. Time will tell how well it holds up.

1337205105.jpg

That tag says "made in China" on the other side, and "120-70-17" on the other (tire size), as well as 110v and a manufacture date of February 2012.

Full disclosure: it's my intention to "baby" these a bit, because I'm not expecting Craftsman quality at Harbor Freight pricing. With that said, I am throwing a towel into the bag with the warmers right now. That will be used to wipe off rocks and other debris before putting the warmers on the tire. I have every intention of turning them OFF and hanging them from my canopy while I'm on the track as well.

Edited by redkow97

With one weekend done, my initial thoughts are generally positive.

The switches seem a bit cheap, but the warmers performed admirably their first time in use. They didn't come with instructions, but a short search online confirmed that one line is indeed "low" and two lines is "high."

I also read that you're not supposed to leave the warmers on high for more than 45 minutes. That seems like an important thing to know...

Anyway, the Velcro strap holds well, and the warmers are plenty large enough to be installed fairly easily. The only "problems" I noticed were the warmer getting into the chain a little, and once the Velcro caught on my rear "hugger" fender and came undone. That was my fault, and easily avoided during future installations.

Edited by redkow97