Sudden intake problem?

TheN8

Average bike specific jet kit runs $100+. Then comes the tuning, all kinds of things factor in, intake, exhaust, elevation etc....plan on an afternoon of plug chops and taking the carbs apart and putting back together. You could always get lucky and nail it first try, I hear that happens a lot.

I agree with you, but here is where I am coming from... he already has a air/fuel mixture problem and doesn't want to spend a bunch of money attempting to fix it right now (completely fix it). He could at least put in larger jets than he has now to run a touch richer to maybe compensate for the increased air.

I don't know the bike, so I'll shut my mouth. That is just where I was coming from...

Edited by just_some_dude

Its not just jets. Needle position and float height have a lot to do with running characteristics 3/4 throttle and below. CV carbs are a fickle mistress, you usually can't just pop in a main jet and be done with it. Usually when there are people with cumulative decades of experience in carb tuning telling you something, you should take their advice. The guy who designed that air box probably has a lot more degrees on his wall than you.

Opening the airbox doesn't just affect one stage of fueling. There's a proper way to tune a set of carbs' date=' and then there's the way you're suggesting.

Just because others have done it, doesn't mean the air/fuel mixtures are right.[/quote']

This.

I can cut your nostrils open wider and shove some ghost peppers in your ass but your not goan run no better

• Upvote 1