Hiring: TQL Logistics Account Executive

Tomcat0403

If anyone is looking for a job in sales or has experience in sales do not hesitate to contact me. I have been working here since September and love it. We have multiple offices, Columbus, Cincinnati, Kentucky, Dayton, Indianapolis, etc.

http://jobs.tql.com/ This will give you an idea of what the job entails and what kind of company we are.

It will be a commission job after training is completed (training pays well) and the benefits IMHO are great.

Hope I can help someone out.

Technically yes. It is regarded as a base + commission but it is based on a draw system if you are familiar with that. Long story short is your sales numbers should cover your base, if they don't for that week it adds on to your next week goals. To be honest if you are halfway motivated it is not hard to cover and make considerably more than that.

I've worked in international shipping for years from loading/unloading, brokerage, back office clearance. It's decent work and it's always going to be a growing field. TQL is an hour from where I live and 30 min closer than where I work (CVG). I just hate the thought of giving up 10 years with my current company lol.

I thought about going in and applying, just the idea of switching jobs sucks.

Sorry, apparently I missed all of this! It all depends on you to be honest. Commission is 25% of the profit generated, ie if you make $1000 on a load you make $250. Target to go on commission after your training is $4k a week, so just do the math. Obviously it is a sales job so it always varies with the market and your customers but there are people that make $350K plus a year. During the phone interview to see if you are interested they do have figures on time with the company versus avg income, and it does go up as time goes on.

During the interview they do give you a very real expectation of the job and show you what you will be doing. They do not hide anything (which i find unusual) and tell you that it will be a difficult job.

Long story short, youdo not have to be a great salesman in this job, you just have to be determined and have a strong worth ethic. Never hurts to come in and interview and see for yourself.

• 8 months later...

We are still hiring and recently moved to a bigger office in the Brewery District. We are having and open house tonight from 6-7, cocktails and food provided. Afterwards we are going to T Murray's Bar and Grill. Chance to win $60k as well (avg pay of 2 yr LAE). Feel free to contact me for information and directions.

I have a buddy that works at the Eastgate office. I went in and really like the environment but the first year is too much of a pay cut for me (55k now, only ~35k your first year). I think after that first year I could do very well for myself, but it would be a tough twelve months. Anyone that can afford that first year should definitely look into it though. Seems like a great company to work for.