Dayton 200 winner disqualified!

NinjaNick

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The appeal won't fly. It's a legit rule violation. It is obvious that someone at Honda/Erion screwed up and probably more a communication issue than anything.

Realize this - Erion KNOWS Josh is a pretty damn likely candidate to win the races he runs in FX or even SS. So, doing what they did to the crank is something that was ill communicated. In other words, Erion knew the bike would be torn down and the crank is certainly always checked. If they were to cheat, that wouldn't be what they'd try and cheat with.

Not making it sound as if they didn't cheat - they broke the rules, but it isn't an area they'd try and change something as they know they are always going to be checked out in detail...

Plus, Josh lost more than points. Pro racers get a lot of their income from bonuses. Josh probably stood to lose $250k or better in bonuses for that race... Hopefully, Honda still pays him the bonus and the AMA doesn't hurt him too badly in terms of points. I'd like to see him be allowed a few points as opposed to a DQ with zero points, but we'll see... I suspect that Erion will at least give him an amount to offset the bonuses he lost. Plus, they will probably have a rehash of contract due to the fact that he could possibly get less than first in the championship to to zero points...

Shame.

heres what i wanna know.

when they do a pit stop, how do they change the rear wheel so quickly? what happens with the chain and sprocket? is that on the axle and not the wheel or something?

how do they make sure its aligned too? is there just zero room for chain slack and adjustment?

heres what i wanna know.

when they do a pit stop, how do they change the rear wheel so quickly? what happens with the chain and sprocket? is that on the axle and not the wheel or something?

how do they make sure its aligned too? is there just zero room for chain slack and adjustment?

Captive sprocket assembly. Essentually, the sprocket carrier is left on the swingarm. Common on WERA National teams like Vesrah, even. Typical of any machine needing pit stops. I'll try and dig a pic up...

Josh has no clue as to knowing what is inside the cases on his motors. Rick Hobbs of erion on the other hand does. Just like Stanboli with Attack. The AMA now has Jim Rashid of 4&6 racing doing tech teardowns and the man knows what to look for. As far as the quick change stuff Attack machines all of there own in house. Its all about $$$$ when it comes to buying those types of parts

I have done some stuff with Attack. Richard is one of the nicest guys youll ever meet. I helped them at willow and will be helping at a few rounds this year , Im not a technician with them but I was in the pits at daytona with the guys. Ask any ama rider He builds some of the nicest equipment around.

Spies rode for him so has hayes pridmore alot of top level guys. I get a hell of a deal on bikes from him and they go forever.

I know a few of the erion guys as well and wish them the best of luck. Its sad to see Josh ride that hard for it to all be taken away. And what they allegedley have done wouldnt have given him much advantage. Rules however are rules they havent changed.

Ok, some quick pics I could find... Friend runs and rides for the Vesrah team. Note the wheel sitting to the right - notice no sprocket and the five sided spacer. The sprocket and chain do NOT come off the swingarm. The spacer essentially locks into a carrier that holds the whole assembly. See the chain and sprocket are in their normal position as Pat is sliding the rear wheel in...

http://www.teamchicago.tv/images/Vesrah_pit_stop.jpg

Here's a different view showing how the sprocket is left locked in place...

vp7l8503as2.th.jpg

Hope that helps. Tough to describe... Seen it so much I guess I never really saved any pics other than what we were doing for endurance. Those are files on another computer...

Ok, some quick pics I could find... Friend runs and rides for the Vesrah team. Note the wheel sitting to the right - notice no sprocket and the five sided spacer. The sprocket and chain do NOT come off the swingarm. The spacer essentially locks into a carrier that holds the whole assembly. See the chain and sprocket are in their normal position as Pat is sliding the rear wheel in...

http://www.teamchicago.tv/images/Vesrah_pit_stop.jpg

Here's a different view showing how the sprocket is left locked in place...

vp7l8503as2.th.jpg

Hope that helps. Tough to describe... Seen it so much I guess I never really saved any pics other than what we were doing for endurance. Those are files on another computer...

so when the bikes pulls in they lift it up remove five bolts and the tire comes right off?

so when the bikes pulls in they lift it up remove five bolts and the tire comes right off?

No. The axle is slid out like normal (Well, it is welded and fabricated to come out easier than OEM/stock) and the wheel with that 5 sided spacer is actually pulled out of a carrier that is 5 sided, but has an opening towards the back. Think a "C" shape that you are inserting a round item into... Axle holds it all in place under rotation...

Not technical in terms, here - Laymen's terms...