anyone have a riveter for an exhaust repack in Dayton?

smashweights

Looking to try and repack my d&d exhaust to quiet it down a bit but I don't have any riveting equipment for the job. Or is there a cheap riveting option out there? Saw the silent sport packing recommendation on the other thread and will probably go with that for packing.

Before anyone asks, no i can't get a new can, yes I know d&d are made to be obnoxious, and yes the can was on the bike when I got it 5 years ago. ;)

Measure your smallest hole after you drill them out. Tape measure will work just measure from the two inch mark. That way you don't have to mess the the tang on your tape. Or even take it in with you and ask for help. You may even find an open package.

Not sure if they call a head size on a rivet but you can measure that too before you drill them our.

• Upvote 1

Fixing my Arata can cost me all of $9.99 at harbor freight.

It is a total piece of shit, but I only needed it to work on 4 rivets, so buying a better one wasn't desirable. How often are you going to use a rivet gun?