Victory is Mine!!!!

C-bus

Wifey is going to bedazzle a giant "V", but I'm thinking a jewelled "HD" may improve resale.

the more it sparkles, the more your street cred improves.

also, tassles aren't just for 5-year-old girls anymore. Consider that as your next addition.

:D

the more it sparkles, the more your street cred improves.

also, tassles aren't just for 5-year-old girls anymore. Consider that as your next addition.

:D

I like the way you think..

Aren't all chaps assless?

ass-ed chaps are called pants, so yes, all chaps are assless. It just rolls better off the tongue and is a constant reinforcement that yes, nothing completes the counterculture, rebel against society (for the weekend) uniform like assless chaps.

Spent a fair amount of time on the new bike this weekend. So far, I absolutely love it! I forgot how relaxing riding could be. Maybe it was a raging case of vaginitis, but I always felt hurried on the I4 600. This thing just goes with no effort. And where have floorboards been all of my life?

My C14 is comfy, fast, powerful and FUN......but I still wouldn't mind have a Victory to compliment it.:D All the reviews have said how quickly and effortlessly the Crossroads can be ridden when compared to "any bagger", and even very little to no dragging of the metal on road. Now that the tranny is up to par with their fantastic powerplants, harley really should be a bit nervous. I know there are plenty of HOG riders that are starting to convert.

Edited by Pokey

Rode the Ness Crossroads at the Pony demo last year. Handled like a dream, comfy as a Lazyboy, and MORE than enough power to get you anywhere in a hurry. Sound system rocked out too, not that having music is a priority when riding. That was the first time I've ever ridden with music. Again, nice feature, but I prefer to hear my bike and what's around me. I'd definitely do the Victory over any other mid size baggers.

• Upvote 1

Have you owned a cruiser before? Is it boring compared to a sport bike?

I'll caveat with the fact that my FZ6 was really a standard and I was never a hardcore, knee-dragging, thrill-seeker.... I find myself enjoying the ride more on the cruisers (this is my 2nd cruiser). That inline 4 required so much revving, I felt like I was going balls-out from stoplight to stoplight. The cruiser has a more even, methodical, roll. I really enjoy riding again. I'll definitely have another sportier bike in the next few years to compliment the bagger, but it will be a twin or a triple to be sure.

If adrenaline is your friend, you could find yourself bored. If chilling out is your thing, go for it. When my college buddies were chasing mini-thins with RedBull, I was listening to Floyd and watching the dragons dance.

Have you owned a cruiser before? Is it boring compared to a sport bike?

I had a virago years ago

They say the vision is the best handling touring bike on the market but not sure I buy that I've seen some wingers really fly through the twisties but it will hold it's own and I am by no means a pro rider.

Hey C-bus if you decide you want pipes or other goodies check out this site http://buywitchdoctors.com/ he's in Warren, OH and I talked to him about the pipes yesterday and he said if I ride down there he will install free. They have some sound clips on youtube sound pretty good and under $300. I am getting mine on Friday.

• 1 month later...

A few observations from my first month and first 1500 miles (I was on vacation for 10 days of it, so no riding):

1) Part of my thought-process with purchasing a cruiser is that it will slow me down... too much 80+ MPH is asking for a ticket. I mean really, who wants to go fast on an 800 pound pig.... I'll just set the cruise control on 71 and lumber on down the freeway. Reality... I set the cruise at 82.

2) Floor boards are a gift from Jebus himself. Being able to move your feet up and down that long floor board on a 150 mile freeway ride is good stuff. Don't feel the need to stretch at a rest stop.

3) The hardcases are very well made with great hinges.... I accidentally didn't shut one the other day, coming back from Cleveland... going 82.... Anyone seen my blue tie with sailboats on it? Should be around the Medina Exit somewhere. Cases are fine though and that's quite a bit of wind pressure on those hinges.

4) Ground Clearance is fine. No, I'm not Rossi.... but I've been trying my best to test where I would scrape and have yet to scrape anything.

5) Chicks dig it.

6) Mileage is about what I thought it would be. At 80 MPH... I have been consistent with 40 MPG. Slower cruising, I've gotten 45-49 pretty regularly.

7) More bike = more dead bugs. Keeping it clean is a job.

8) I really like cruise control. Most of my riding is commuting. Being able to drop the right hand for a while is nice.

All in all, I'm really very pleased with the purchase. I'm sure I'll be on something a little sportier next summer as a play-around bike, but if I had to do it all over, I'd trade the FZ6 again.