Market Speculation

buildit

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here you go i set a private game up on Investopedia.com.

Game name is: ORDnet

Password is: BOOOSA

Just about the same rules

$100K start

Max 50% of start money can go into one stock

Minimun $5 a share buys (no penny stocks)

blah blah blah.....the rest is on the site.

I cant set a game rule to limit you to 3 stocks but lets just keep it at a max of 3.

I have no idea what im doing as far as trading but i guess i will see what happens. Will be interesting to see what i can do.

I'm calling shenanigans on Shitty.

Sorry guys I totally forgot about the three company rule started to diversify my portfolio. I'm selling everything and getting out.

You dont have to get out. Just back it down to 3. Or just start fresh if you want to get back without the all that doe you were rolling in. Last i looked at yours you were killing it.

I'm not sure if any of you guys actually follow the market and are serious investors (I am), but I would honestly love some input as to why LULU is down after an awesome earning report... Is it just the uncertainty of Europe?

I'm not sure if any of you guys actually follow the market and are serious investors (I am), but I would honestly love some input as to why LULU is down after an awesome earning report... Is it just the uncertainty of Europe?

This? lululemon athletica inc.

Analyst, Paul Lejuez, said, "2Q guidance fell short of consensus, though we believe it is conservative (to some degree), there still seems to be a deceleration in comps. Part of the 2Q comp deceleration relates to LULU exceeding sales plans in 1Q and now having too few units to drive a higher comp in 2Q. Interestingly, mgmt has elected not to chase proven winners as they often do but rather focus on raising the quality and innovation on the next product set.

I guess people just take a statement like that at face value rather than look at their balance sheet, but, as the title states, it's all about speculation...

psychology of the masses

I guess people just take a statement like that at face value rather than look at their balance sheet, but, as the title states, it's all about speculation...

A company's balance sheet is only part of what you should be looking at when investing. Future earnings drive stock prices and that statement if true is definitely a red flag. Now analysts are wrong all the time so if you have done your homework and feel confident the company will continue to grow earnings then just ride it out.

Speaking of Blizzard, some fuckwad got my credit card number and bought a bunch shit from them earlier this week. 5 charges of $59.99 each. Probaly some WOW or Diablo gaming queer.

Sounds like they bought 3 copies of Diablo 3.

I quit WOW and Blizzard after my account was hacked three times. Sent them a nasty incompetence email about security. Now, LINKEDIN got hacked or someone internal got POED.

At least D3 doesn't require a monthly subscription or I wouldn't be back. Come on Guild Wars2.

You dont have to get out. Just back it down to 3. Or just start fresh if you want to get back without the all that doe you were rolling in. Last i looked at yours you were killing it.

Ok Ill get back on track. It is fun to see what people think is going to fly. :D

With q2 earning reports coming out why would stocks be dropping in value? Especially if the companies are projected to be doing well. Granted I'm only watching three companies. But the ones I have researched are in the same boat.

With q2 earning reports coming out why would stocks be dropping in value? Especially if the companies are projected to be doing well. Granted I'm only watching three companies. But the ones I have researched are in the same boat.

Remember when everyone was investing in Europe because of their strong economy? Well, with Ireland, Spain and Greece coming apart those funds are being drained weakening the standing of many banks and companies. The overall result of a Euro-fail would surely be another dip even further into the recession. As a result many companies are storing up excess funds they have hoarded as cushions for such a disaster. The result will be smaller dividends, less hiring and fewer signs of growth which will effect all the US and world companies.

Today started off looking good but sucked by the end as doubts rose about the ability of the euro to bail out Spain and Greece. Set me back to about break even last I looked.

Apparently I'm slighty dumb of lucky as Hell. And I just want to make sure what I have done is within the rules.

I made some killer money early in the game. Kept it for a couple days but well yesterday I blew all my cash putting me at 150k in the portfolio. I think this is a legal move. I spent cash and we can buy up right? If not I will go back to my standing from Monday.

Or am I missing how the market works. or is the simulator jacked up. I spent 12k in cash. I could only bump one of my stocks. But it still doesn't math out right to me. I did notice that buying more of the same stock give you the newest price. So it will really trash your earnings percentage.