Speed traps increase in construction zones

ReconRat

Just Columbus as far as I know, but I don't know.

A federal grant has added patrols looking specifically for speeding in construction zones. Apparently Thursday was the first day, and tickets were given for 20 over (65mph in 45mph zone). Expect increased patrols in these areas for an undetermined length of time. Most likely all Summer.

Speed Enforcement through Construction Zones

Edited by ReconRat

Two weeks ago coming home on I-80 there were about 5-6 cops that had people pulled over in construction zones on the short hour drive, though most of I-80 is construction at the moment. I wish it was how some other states do it and each construction area is divided into sections and if the lights are flashing at that section then you do 55 mph, if they aren't then continue at 70 mph.

This must have been a priority for longer than just since Thursday. Two weeks ago I was on 70 east between 71 and 270 - you know, where they have that totally useless construction zone where there isnt any actual construction - and there were 4 cops with people pulled over.

Time to pay the driving tax, folks.

Edited by Harb67
east, west, whats the difference

I read an article when I lived in Arizona about a state highway official who had ordered construction zones to be lengthened to include entire stretches of road that were either not being worked on, or were unrealistically off of the timetable to be worked on...all in order to increase fines and enforcement.

I think about that every time I see a long stretch of orange cones with seemingly nothing being done to the road or structures. Convenient, if you're in the revenue gathering business.