northern ky

oldschoolsdime92

Lots of great roads on both the east and west side of the 75 corridor. NNick's route is a classic that the AFJ boys run several times a week. Hard to go wrong with the combo of 10/22 when combined with the other small county and state routes. Agree with him about 1504--one of the better rural roads that's often overlooked.

Another classic ride on the west side is 227 south from Owenton to Stamping Grounds. Lunch at the IGA deli, then back north to 368 to 127 to 607 to 330. You can superslab it back from there or stay on the local routes and take any of 22/36/467 back toward Cinti.

If you want to wander down this way and take a ride, gimme a heads up and I'll work up a route of 150 to 200 miles and ride with you. Lemeno.

[FYI--I'm underemployed ;) so riding mid-week isn't an issue.]

If any of you are interested in a weekday ride, here is a post from Local Riders for a NKY ride tomorrow. Leaves @ 9:30 from Exit 181 near Florence Mall and heads west to Carrollton and Madison, IN. There will be mix of sport tourers, cruisers and DS bikes, and the pace will spirited (10-20 over) but not gonzo insane. I've ridden with the group before and these are experienced riders.

http://www.localriders.com/forums/showthread.php?p=154552#post154552

Hope to see ya there.

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I'd post here rather than start a new thread. I'm thinking of riding around N KY this evening but wondered if there were any good routes a little shorter than 10/22? If I'm riding solo I'd feel better not being on such a long route by myself but I would like a nice ride.

OR if anyone has any good suggestions closer to Lebanon OH area. I'll check back in an hour or two if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks.