good deal?

grapesmuggler27

$1000 is probably about right. The title issue is going to cause a problem, though. He really needs to just go and apply for a lost replacement title before he sells it...

If I'm going to track and race it as long as it has a clear vin do I need a title? If so can he file for lost title in Ohio? Also the kbb retail is 1650 in excellent, so would a $500 offer be low ball as is, considering title, plus repairs to get it running?

If I'm going to track and race it as long as it has a clear vin do I need a title? If so can he file for lost title in Ohio? Also the kbb retail is 1650 in excellent, so would a $500 offer be low ball as is, considering title, plus repairs to get it running?

Thats the most I would offer without the title assuming not having the title won't be an issue.

I personally would want the title.

The title isn't going to be an issue for racing it. Or track days, etc... You can sell it with a Bill of Sale, but you definitely need the seller to do a Bill of Sale, record address and license number and really, I would want a Notary present to stamp the Bill of Sale.

But, you can do just a simple Bill of Sale...

But, understand that when you go to resell the bike, you are going to have a machine that while right now is a trendy bike to race, is going to be a tough to sell with a Bill of Sale and race plastics on it. Pretty niche class right now and a fairly unpopular machine.

Street-wise, it is the number one selling bike for Kawasaki. It has some street value. Thus, why I would pursue the title. He really should be able to apply for a lost title... Plus, he lives in Ohio and I assume, works in Ohio so, he needs to get it registered here anyways. He can't do that with it not having a title... I am almost certain it would take a trip to the Title Office and cost him a few bucks to get one done... Being out of state might be the issue, but not sure on that...

I just talked to the lady who owns bike. Battery is dead going to try to charge battery and start it, chain is rusted, tires are dry rotted, carbs will need cleaned (that's over my mechanical head). Figure that's almost 700 in parts

You'll never get it for $500 unless she is absolutely uneducated. Which it sounds like she isn't if she is rattling off that info. I'd say offer her $750 and she gets the title.

Do some legwork today and make some calls and ask as if you were her and give the scenario. See what they say. Report back here also what you find as I am interested...