Texting and driving :)

Kritz

If I'm ticketed for texting at anytime, I no longer have a job!

We've discussed this before. However, if you are stopped for it, simply tell them that you were not texting, and that they can not see your phone. This law is almost impossible to enforce and an officer needs a warrant to check your phone. NO JUDGE IS GOING TO ISSUE A WARRANT FOR A TEXTING AND DRIVING STOP.

there are already laws against going left of center, speeding, reckless operation, not using turn signal etc so why do we need a separate law against driving drunk too?

We don't. But that's a whole other thread/dogpile. ;)

if you can't text and drive safely, chances are you can't drive in the first place. Therefore you shouldn't have a license anyway in my opinion

Chances are way over 50% of the driving population here in the good old USA never learned how to drive properly & really shouldn't have a license in the first place. But they do. We do have laws against much of the distracted driving stupidity we all see on the roads every day but the police are too distracted with their laser/ radar guns to pay attention. I think a more reasonable course to take with distracted driving problem is to outlaw laser & radar speed enforcement. This would free up the police to go do their job.

If you can text without taking your eyes or your mind off the road then you are texting & driving safely. Otherwise you are just believing your own BS.

If you can text without taking your eyes or your mind off the road then you are texting & driving safely. Otherwise you are just believing your own BS.

I can...I have an iphone :p. But for real I know its not "safe" but I can text and drive better than most people can drive and thats not BS. I pick and choose my spots however where its less of a risk to text and drive

nah, you're full of crap and you shouldn't text/type on the phone while you're driving. but we're not your mommy, so do whatever you want. i check emails while i'm driving. unapologetic asian driver over herrrr

I check my email while driving on my iPhone, shuffle my music, and also have a laptop running in my truck for work in the field (it is centrally located on a stand) which is how I do my job away from the office. I keep the lid propped up slightly because it is flippin' annoying closed banging itself to pieces when my truck hits every bump in the road - 2500's don't ride like a car.

I do not text and I rarely answer the phone while driving (my employer strongly discourages it and we also receive annual defensive driving training).

I keep my eyes forward, constantly checking my mirrors, maintaining my following distance, and not speeding too much (our vehicles are tracked via GPS). I drive over 50k miles a year for work so certain things are second nature but my primary responsibility is safely operating my vehicle and staying away from all of the idiots on the road.

And there a lot of them out there - not just the texters, tweeters, facing bookers, make-up artists, gluttonous pigs, and other random crazy shit you see driving on the roads around here (and everywhere else).

I check my email while driving on my iPhone, shuffle my music, and also have a laptop running in my truck for work in the field (it is centrally located on a stand) which is how I do my job away from the office. I keep the lid propped up slightly because it is flippin' annoying closed banging itself to pieces when my truck hits every bump in the road - 2500's don't ride like a car.

I do not text and I rarely answer the phone while driving (my employer strongly discourages it and we also receive annual defensive driving training).

I keep my eyes forward, constantly checking my mirrors, maintaining my following distance, and not speeding too much (our vehicles are tracked via GPS). I drive over 50k miles a year for work so certain things are second nature but my primary responsibility is safely operating my vehicle and staying away from all of the idiots on the road.

And there a lot of them out there - not just the texters, tweeters, facing bookers, make-up artists, gluttonous pigs, and other random crazy shit you see driving on the roads around here (and everywhere else).

Sounds like you and I have pretty similar jobs to some degree.

Almost everything you just said applies to my job as well including gps tracking, defensive driving classes and all that stuff.

I am a fire alarm service technician, I drive all around Central Ohio on a daily basis.

He should send that pic to his local sheriffs department. It'll cause the department a good verbal spanking at least.

As someone said earlier, law enforcement is exempt from the texting ban. Other than pissing off the public, it won't get him in any trouble.

We've discussed this before. However, if you are stopped for it, simply tell them that you were not texting, and that they can not see your phone. This law is almost impossible to enforce and an officer needs a warrant to check your phone. NO JUDGE IS GOING TO ISSUE A WARRANT FOR A TEXTING AND DRIVING STOP.

Miami county is a whole different type of assholes. I got pulled over for speeding by OSP and he saw a bottle of Midol laying on my seat, he picked them up and was asking me if I was taking illegal drugs... they push the limit and when I get mouthy to them I land myself a ticket and threats! Fuckers! Im still pissed he reached in, grabbed them, and tried to open them. If I were to get pulled over now, I'd just silence the phone and put it in the side of door or under the seat.

Pepsi.. though, they track us on our iphones, they see if we are driving and using cell phone, that alone will terminate us. Yet they will call knowing we are driving and then compalin we don't answer.

I've been getting super frustrated lately with the people who are stopped at red lights and texting down low so nobody can see them, then the light turns green, and they keep sitting there. I have to beep at someone at least once every two or three days. At least when texting and driving wasn't illegal, they texted above the steering wheel and could see the light change colors :p

• Upvote 1

Miami county is a whole different type of assholes. I got pulled over for speeding by OSP and he saw a bottle of Midol laying on my seat, he picked them up and was asking me if I was taking illegal drugs... they push the limit and when I get mouthy to them I land myself a ticket and threats! Fuckers! Im still pissed he reached in, grabbed them, and tried to open them. If I were to get pulled over now, I'd just silence the phone and put it in the side of door or under the seat.

Pepsi.. though, they track us on our iphones, they see if we are driving and using cell phone, that alone will terminate us. Yet they will call knowing we are driving and then compalin we don't answer.

Do they pay for the iphone?

Officer's should be setting the example :wtf:

http://handsfreeinfo.com/category/state_cell_laws

I agree with you, which is why I personally don't do it. I am one that is very much into the public perception of the police and have a very hard time justifying doing things that are illegal for the public even if they are legal for us. That being said, text and cell communication is an extremely important part of doing this job. The people that are truly trying to evade us are listening to our radio transmissions and staying one step ahead of us.

I agree with you, which is why I personally don't do it. I am one that is very much into the public perception of the police and have a very hard time justifying doing things that are illegal for the public even if they are legal for us. That being said, text and cell communication is an extremely important part of doing this job. The people that are truly trying to evade us are listening to our radio transmissions and staying one step ahead of us.

Freaked me out the first tine I was in someones home for a DV and heard us on their scanner.