6-10 trackday at CMP - pics & vids

thirdgenlxi

Well I did my 3rd trackday last weekend (10th) down at Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, SC with Tracktactics.... wish I could have done the whole weekend, but could only do one day. Still went down for the whole weekend though and hung out with everybody. Don't really have too many pics as there was no track photographer there this time, so no on track pics... oh well

Anyways, took the bike into work with me on Friday and got her all prepped up

d7630ee9.jpg

Loaded her up on the old hooptie, stopped at home on the way down to pick up Piper, and made our way down to SC friday evening... got to the track about 9:30 or so

4179fbec.jpg

Track dawg Piper, lol

e127e316.jpg

Group shot with a few of us

169307_10150897104411185_1984592799_o.jpg

My buddy Josh lovin' on the Pipester

537734_3784580327272_2103427461_n.jpg

My friend Dawns bike (white GSX-R) and her friend with the SV1000 (both in the group shot above)

09435396.jpg

My buddy Ken with the GSX-R 1000 on the left, and our very own Ryan Merchant with the Husky supermoto across the road came out too

DSC05152.jpg

Sunday morning.... ready to ride! I stayed in novice group since it's been a little bit since my last trackday (sept last year), but was running high intermediate lap times and kept catching up to everybody, so next time I'll prob bump up

398840_309033629186824_677469317_n.jpg

Couple videos..... not really trying to go fast or anything, mainly just working on my body position and being smooth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQnocMvv28k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYpSkKPtmgw

Didn't get a full session on this one... I forgot to clear the card and ran out of room half way through

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vxGHtH7LYQ

Ol' girl has still got a lil spunk left in her...

DSC05160.jpg

There's barely any left turns at this track, lol

DSC05162.jpg

Last session it started raining lightly.... it had been kind of on and off all day, but was so light it didn't really account to anything or even get the track wet. It waited until just after the session was over and we were packing up to let loose, lol. So we got soaked loading the bikes up. But, 106 miles on the track, shiny side up the whole day and had an absolute blast, worked a lot more on my body position and do believe I made some good progress

5adaf581.jpg

Got everything loaded up, said goodbye to everyone and made our way home. I think Piper was more wiped from the weekend than I was, and all she did was sleep under the trailer the whole time.... lazy ass, haha

59d5ea13.jpg

All in all.... FANTASTIC weekend. Hung out with some great friends, awesome time on the track, learned a lot.... can't really ask for more. First time I've ran the Q2's on the track and loved them, bike was virtually effortless to ride and by the end of the day, I wasn't fatigued or sore at all like I was the last time (didn't even ride the last session last TD cuz I was wiped). This time I felt great and was ready to keep going, lol. Oh well just have to do another one soon.... can't wait!! Bike ran absolutely flawless the whole day, zero issues whatsoever... she never lets me down. I am getting a new tent though for next time, as camping out in the front seat of Hotel LeHonda (my car) wasn't exactly the most comfortable, lol