Glenford traffic...

Blitz

Riding through Glenford yesterday and three hilljacks on a non road legal Polaris came across the main road (204) without stopping at the stop sign, slowing down or even looking. The driver didn't look at all before crossing and only saw me when I was about to do a stoppie by grabbing front brake. I missed them by about 5 feet.

I turned around and they stopped. I chewed their ass out like they were 10 year old kids and they were 30. Told them they almost killed me. Fortunately the driver was apologetic.

The funny thing is I was riding hard before slowing down as I came into Glenford....so I felt hypocritical saying they almost killed me. Technically, my riding could have killed me.

I think I am ultra aware when I ride....fast when I see no other people and open road ahead, cautious when I crest a hill or go around a blind corner. I'm sure 95% of the people I share the road with have a fraction of the focus I have when I'm on my bike. But after an incident like this you really start to understand that the truly dangerous thing on the road is other people.

You are correct. Even then, it often takes two or more things going wrong to get bad.

If there was gravel or oil when you maxed out a stop. Or an animal to distract the task.

I'm a firm believer in lots of brakes and quickly. Car or bike. Hesitation doesn't reward.

That also means keep an eye behind you, don't get run over doing a fast stop.

edit: remember that if you aim right for them, or at the back end, when you hit the brakes,

they will most likely be gone and out of the way when you get there.

Or a quick jog to the side will get around them.

Don't fixate on stopped on them, heh. Hard to ignore them, but the open road is what is aimed for.

Edited by ReconRat